Guillen

Soxfest

Paper says Guillen spent HOURS last week talking to JR about SOX job, reading Guillen's comments he claims he was a hugh fan favorite while here, I never considered Guillen that great or a fan favorite most of sox fans I know was glad when he left and was very overrated, I hope he does not get job, Guillen said I have been a manager really since i was in A ball with the Padres. Stay in Florida.

I would not mind Ozzie for a few reasons.

The main reason being that while he will be a player's manager who will be able to relate well with everyone in the clubhouse, he won't be afraid to light a fire under some of the guys in our clubhouse who need it.

I also believe he won't tolerate any play that's not 110%.

He's not my first choice, but I'd be fine with him.

Paper says Guillen spent HOURS last week talking to JR about SOX job, reading Guillen's comments he claims he was a hugh fan favorite while here, I never considered Guillen that great or a fan favorite most of sox fans I know was glad when he left and was very overrated, I hope he does not get job, Guillen said I have been a manager really since i was in A ball with the Padres. Stay in Florida.

Gotta disagree with you on Ozzie as a player. Although I was merely a young teenager during his time with the Sox, I can also say that there's no way he could have been viewed as overrated, because he was never viewed as more than a solid SS with the Sox. Never claimed to be a stud player and never was. He did the little things, never caused problems and played hard. Gotta respect him for that.

I don't want him at all! I can;t forgive him for saying that they didn't need the fans after the '94 strike.

there is that...

plus no Sox batter would ever take a walk again -

did Ozzie walk four times a season? in his career? we'd have a whole team swinging at ball 4 a la Ozzie.