Sox Staff on ESPN.com

shakes

Very good read, thanks for posting it...

I tend to agree with him... I think the Sox bullpen and starters are very solid. I think KW's best evidence for his off season moves is the comparrison of the rotations the last two years:

MB

E-lo

Garland

Schoenweiss

Wright/mystery starter

MB

Freddy

Contreras

El Duque

Garland

Very good read, thanks for posting it...

I tend to agree with him... I think the Sox bullpen and starters are very solid.  I think KW's best evidence for his off season moves is the comparrison of the rotations the last two years:

MB

E-lo

Garland

Schoenweiss

Wright/mystery starter

MB

Freddy

Contreras

El Duque

Garland

It's good to see any Sox exposure on ESPN.com.

The only thing I disagree with is his move of Hermanson to the setup role, and Politte to the middle relief role. Politte has a long history of being most effective when he only pitches for 1 inning, or 1 1/3, 2/3. Hermanson has been a starter before, so I think he's better suited to a middle relief role.

The only thing I disagree with is his move of Hermanson to the setup role, and Politte to the middle relief role.  Politte has a long history of being most effective when he only pitches for 1 inning, or 1 1/3, 2/3.  Hermanson has been a starter before, so I think he's better suited to a middle relief role.

Good point, W&O.

I screamed at my TV when Guillen would trot Politte out there for a second inning. He was brutal, after sitting on the bench for a half inning, then coming back out. Marte, Politte, and Takatsu, IMHO, are most effective when used for one inning or less. Hermanson, Cotts, and Adkins/Diaz should be your guys who go multiple innings. Vizcaino, I don't know yet, didn't watch too many Brewer games last season.

Anyone who watches a lot of Brewer games able to comment on this? Is Vizcaino best suited for one inning, or can he go two-three?

This is pretty amazing to me and I think the streak will be broken this season.

[Gardenhire] knows that under pressure White Sox hitters will chase Radke's changeups until they're silly. Heck, Bad Rad hasn't walked a single hitter in his last nine starts against the Sox, a 63-inning span that dates to Aug. 19, 2002.

Anyone who watches a lot of Brewer games able to comment on this?  Is Vizcaino best suited for one inning, or can he go two-three?

One inning or one and a third innings at the most. He pitched one and two thirds innings once this year and two full innings once this year. But while he is out there his stuff is pretty electric, he gets some good bite on his pitches.