White Sox exact offer to A.J. Pierzynski...

Jabroni

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything can happened and its usa today's report. Kenny is still talking to aj and jap second basemen. Quite frankily its gonna take awhile and no guys aj wont be gone as everyone thinks. Plus if aj's agent cared listen the others teams he would of done so by now. Which is funny is why he dosent list other teams. I gurantee kenny will do something creavity.

I'm just hoping that the Dodgers don't swoop in and give A.J. the $3 million. They only have David Ross and Dioner Navarro as their catchers. I could see them wanting to give Navarro another year in the minors. :crying Other than the Dodgers though, there aren't really any teams that need another catcher.

Even if we do sign him to a one year deal with an option i will be pissed. We need to sign him for miltiple years. Is there really a reason not to? We know what we are gonna get from him for the most part. Even if he does have problems here i am pretty sure that we will be trade him for something. Even if we have to settle for a salary dump.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 6, 2005 -> 07:51 PM)
I found this to be interesting.  I take it as a sign the Astros are resigned to the fact that Beltran is gone.

Take away Beltran, Kent and Berkman for the 1st few months of the season, and that team has lost a lot of run scoring power right there.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jan 6, 2005 -> 03:08 AM)
Take away Beltran, Kent and Berkman for the 1st few months of the season, and that team has lost a lot of run scoring power right there.

Jose cruz jr helps only helps them waste money though. They need to work something out and get a bigger bat than his.

Anything can happened and its usa today's report. Kenny is still talking to aj and jap second basemen. Quite frankily its gonna take awhile and no guys aj wont be gone as everyone thinks. Plus if aj's agent cared listen the others teams he would of done so by now. Which is funny is why he dosent list other teams. I gurantee kenny will do something creavity.

When are you going to take down the Xmas lights from your trailer? Don't use a racist term. You trailer trash.

QUOTE(KittleWalk83 @ Jan 6, 2005 -> 03:37 AM)
When are you going to take down the Xmas lights from your trailer?  Don't use a racist term.  You trailer trash.

i dont get where he made a racist statement... if your refering to him saying "jap" im pretty sure it wasnt meant as a racist remark as it was just shortening the sentance.. chill out dude :headshake

QUOTE(Man Of Steel @ Jan 6, 2005 -> 04:11 AM)
i dont get where he made a racist statement... if your refering to him saying "jap" im pretty sure it wasnt meant as a racist remark as it was just shortening the sentance.. chill out dude  :headshake

Exactly, just like calling an arabian person and arab. There are many examples i can give but i am sure everyone understands what i mean.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jan 6, 2005 -> 09:08 AM)
Even if we do sign him to a one year deal with an option i will be pissed. We need to sign him for miltiple years. Is there really a reason not to? We know what we are gonna get from him for the most part. Even if he does have problems here i am pretty sure that we will be trade him for something. Even if we have to settle for a salary dump.

Signing AJ for 1 yr trial basis makes sense with all the rumors surrounding him. That way the sox aren't locked into a deal w/ a headcase, whose contract they won't want to eat. If the talk is all hype, and AJ is fine, then the Sox can sign him during the season to an extension or afterwards. Then they'll know what they're getting

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jan 6, 2005 -> 05:42 AM)
Just think if the Sox didn't resign Ben Davis, Pierzynski would pretty much be a White Sox player right about now, if the Sox decided to go the $3 mill route, they very well still might though.

If they do not offer him the one million more that he wants i am gonna need a very good expanation why. Pierz>>> davis in every single aspect of the game. Getting him eliminates the biggest whole we have on the entire team. If our next biggest whole is willie i will be a very excited person.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jan 6, 2005 -> 11:42 AM)
Just think if the Sox didn't resign Ben Davis, Pierzynski would pretty much be a White Sox player right about now, if the Sox decided to go the $3 mill route, they very well still might though.

I think Davis was in the sox plans regardless, even as a backup. He's young, a solid glove, can switch hit, and who they think can improve even more in his hitting. Few other washed up players fit the bill as a backup. I don't think just having Jamie Burke being the only C on the sox roster would have been smart. Once you get a #1 C then you can make moves.

But resigning Davis shouldn't have anything to do w/ the Sox signing AJ.

QUOTE(beck72 @ Jan 6, 2005 -> 10:56 PM)
I think Davis was in the sox plans regardless, even as a backup. He's young, a solid glove, can switch hit, and who they think can improve even more in his hitting. Few other washed up players fit the bill as a backup. I don't think just having Jamie Burke being the only C on the sox roster would have been smart. Once you get a #1 C then you can make moves.

But resigning Davis shouldn't have anything to do w/ the Sox signing AJ.

If Ryan Hankins didn't leave as a minor league free agent then I suppose he could have been the third catcher possibly, so you'd have A.J starting and Davis and Hankins on the bench. I'm just worried about how Davis will go catching our pitching staff mainly, he had the highest ERA out of all of our 4 catchers last season which was about 5.2 I think.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jan 6, 2005 -> 11:59 AM)
If Ryan Hankins didn't leave as a minor league free agent then I suppose he could have been the third catcher possibly, so you'd have A.J starting and Davis and Hankins on the bench. I'm just worried about how Davis will go catching our pitching staff mainly, he had the highest ERA out of all of our 4 catchers last season which was about 5.2 I think.

From hearing KW and Ozzie talk, they both liked Davis' glove and defense. It was just his stick that was horrible. Coming off the bench, starting occasionally, he'd be fine.

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jan 6, 2005 -> 12:01 PM)
Thinking of the offer for Aj.... what is the payroll currently at?? Isn't it pretty far under the $72 to $75 million??

Looking at the "2005 payroll" thread, the Sox look to be near $67.275 mill. So they have anywhere from $3-8 mill for salary.