Tadahito Iguchi needs a Nickname!

RibbieRubarb

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jan 24, 2005 -> 10:29 AM)
Gooch.

that's going to be a verb, as in, he gooched second. Runners on second and third and still nobody out.

His real name sounds like a nickname so let's give him a real name. May I suggest Ted Jones?

I was thinking along the lines of Mussina and Moose.

'Now hitting for the White Sox, the 2nd baseman, number 5, Tadahito Iguchi'

Crowd: 'Goooooooooooooch.'

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jan 24, 2005 -> 04:36 PM)
that's going to be a verb, as in, he gooched second. Runners on second and third and still nobody out.

His real name sounds like a nickname so let's give him a real name. May I suggest Ted Jones?

• 4 weeks later...
QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Feb 23, 2005 -> 04:06 PM)
Does the word 'Gooch' mean anything to anyone?

Gooch.

The piece of skin connecting the scrotum and testes to the poop chute. The gooch is also attached to the bacon strip which is located directly on the undercarriage of the testes.

I think i need to get deodorant for my gooch, it always sweats profusley, I think the gooch glands are swollen.

Edited by qwerty

Perhaps I'm just a bit too old, but "The Gooch" was the name of the bully on Diff'rent Strokes in the early 80's...and it's a terrible nickname for a Japanese player.

Besides, nicknames "happen", they usually aren't thought up in a predetermined method. Like my nicknames for people at Comisky...in the outfield, there is this beer guy who has long hair...hence I why I call him "HEY LONG HAIRED BEER GUY, OVER HERE!"

Then there is the Steak Pita stand in right field...those are the "PITA PEEPS".

Let's wait for Iguchi to do something to deserve a nickname before we give him one...for all we know he will fail and we will end up calling him Tada-NO-HIT-o.

:lolhitting

QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 23, 2005 -> 05:32 PM)
Gooch just seems to fit.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Feb 23, 2005 -> 10:40 PM)

Ding, Ding, Ding, we have a winner. I'd never heard it called that until soemone told me the other day. I always called it 'the tain't'.

By the way, 'Tad' is horrible, sounds like a prissy, preppy frat boy. Sounds like Chad, which goes with Brett , Biff, Chip etc.

Edited by LosMediasBlancas