More Crap from Minny

beck72

From today's Pioneer Press:

"• Word in Chicago is that the White Sox are having second thoughts about their acquisition of ex-Twins catcher A.J. Pierzynski, and might try to trade him soon."

--I don't buy it at all. From all accounts, AJ's fit in. He's learning the pitchers, playing cards in the clubhouse, playing solid defense, hitting a bit [that will come around--he's always hit]. More crap from Minnesota. Let the games begin so this speculation bulls*** can end.

Also, isn't there a clause in the players contract that FA's can't be traded until later in the season?

Here's the link...

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/11253831.htm

• Word in Chicago is that the White Sox are having second thoughts about their acquisition of ex-Twins catcher A.J. Pierzynski, and might try to trade him soon.

All I can say is, what a bunch of crap. This Charley Walters guy must have A.J. mixed up with Ben Davis. He probably heard a blurb about the Sox possibly trading a catcher and just went with this BS story.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Mar 29, 2005 -> 01:17 PM)
Minny more than likely trying to stir the pot in hopes it will piss AJ off and he will become a distraction... I don't see it working.

With Mauer likely to miss a lot of time this year with his bum knee, Walters might be trying to stir the pot for Twins fans to think AJ could be an option to return. Mauer's health has to be a big concern for Twins fans and the team.

In the same paper, Walters even mentioned that Mauer was telling friends his knee is "even stronger" than before he got hurt [with the same lame no quotes method that he used to report AJ's "news"]. Bulls***. If the knee is in good shape, why is Gardenhire saying Mauer likely will only catch 3,4 games a week?!

Walters sounds like a Cubs apologist, who gets paid from the Twins owners to do damage control and PR.

With Mauer likely to miss a lot of time this year with his bum knee, Walters might be trying to stir the pot for Twins fans to think AJ could be an option to return. Mauer's health has to be a big concern for Twins fans and the team.

In the same paper, Walters even mentioned that Mauer was telling friends his knee is "even stronger" than before he got hurt [with the same lame no quotes method that he used to report AJ's "news"]. Bulls***. If the knee is in good shape, why is Gardenhire saying Mauer likely will only catch 3,4 games a week?!

Walters sounds like a Cubs apologist, who gets paid from the Twins owners to do damage control and PR.

I don't think Mauer has any knee cartilage left. I doubt he will be behind the plate for very long in his career. I think he will end up being a DH sooner or later. But even if he gets injured again this season, the Twinkies still have two very good backups in Mike Redmond and Matt LeCroy.

Edited by Jabroni

From yesterday's Pioneer Press:

"Mauer did not make the trip here to play Baltimore; the former Cretin-Derham Hall standout rested back in Fort Myers in preparation for a big week. The plan is for Mauer to be behind the plate on consecutive days twice this week. He has not been behind the plate on consecutive days this spring, having suffered a setback to his surgically repaired left knee in the middle of camp."

---Yeah, right. Mauer's knee is stronger than before he got injured. Even though he can't play 2 games in a row, for 5 innings.

Mauer's knee is the issue here rather than the Sox' relations with AJ.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 29, 2005 -> 01:33 PM)
I don't think Mauer has any knee cartilage left.  I doubt he will be behind the plate for very long in his career.  I think he will end up being a DH sooner or later.  But even if he gets injured again this season, the Twinkies still have two very good backups in Mike Redmond and Matt LeCroy.

I don't think he'll catch much this yr. he'll DH. But that will take Lew Ford's bat out of the lineup. Or the Twins will be forced to trade Jones [which will piss Hunter off]. Oh, well the sox win and whatever Minn. does won't even matter

"Mauer did not make the trip here to play Baltimore; the former Cretin-Derham Hall standout rested back in Fort Myers in preparation for a big week. The plan is for Mauer to be behind the plate on consecutive days twice this week. He has not been behind the plate on consecutive days this spring, having suffered a setback to his surgically repaired left knee in the middle of camp."

---Yeah, right. Mauer's knee is stronger than before he got injured. Even though he can't play 2 games in a row, for 5 innings.

You could be right, considering they traded Pierzynski to clear the way for Mauer. Although, they did get Joe Nathan for him. :chair

I don't see any possible way that Mauer is healthier NOW than he was before all of his health troubles. He's already had a significant portion of his meniscus cartilage removed in April 2004. How much more can he have left?

I agree with the rest of you. He must have read a blurb that the Sox were looking to trade a C (Ben Davis) & was looking for a hopeful angle to get AJP back.

Nothing else makes sense because the ChiSox ST era's in 05 aren't any better or worse than they were in 04. Until proven otherwise AZ wrecks the confidence of ChiSox pitchers. If they want to prove me wrong then do it on the field. The ChiSox should be playing in Kissimmee & enjoying Walt Disney World & Universal with their families when they aren't playing.

Um... Aj for Justin Monreu.. I would do that!!

Its good the Twinkys are talking about us. That means they are scared of us. They are scared they are going to lose and they are scared of Aj Perzyski knoking the s*** out of them at the plate. This is good they are talk s***. We know there running scared. :D

QUOTE(beck72 @ Mar 29, 2005 -> 07:34 AM)

I believe we al knew the a few weeks ago. We saw a reports that his knee was swelling up again and a normal menisectomy does not continue to swell up 4-6 months after surgery.

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Mar 29, 2005 -> 03:06 PM)
I think if the ChiSox are again amongst the worst in MLB in team ERA they'll be looking to get out of AZ fast.  You don't spend over 1/2 the team's payroll on arms, suck that bad, & then think AZ has nothing to do with it.

I think it's JR's decision. I think he REALLY likes AZ. His best friend Jerry Colangelo lives there. I doubt they'll go back to Florida, not until Reinsdorf sells the team.