Twins and White Not a Factor in the Central?

Pasqua's Mailman

"Forget the other teams," Young said to the strains of "Cripple Creek," "it's going to come down to us and Cleveland. No disrespect to the Twins and White Sox, I just feel that club, the doggone Indians, is going to be the thorn in our side."

That quote from today's Detroit News blew my mind. I guess a .500 start has the Tigers thinking big.

http://www.detnews.com/2005/tigers/0504/11/D01-146478.htm

Edited by aboz56

Dmitri Young knows a lot about contending for a division.

He's played for a lot of great teams, including the Reds and Detroit, who have been to a lot of World Series lately.

This was just about the dumbest comment I've ever read.

Gardenhire will post that and the Twins will give Detroit a beating.

Personally, I've got Detroit finishing 4th in this division, especially as long as Maggs stays "sick" with a "viral infection" (bone marrow edema).

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 08:50 AM)
I think the royals are the other team thats gonna be right there at the end.

Remember last year when everyone said the Royals were gonna win the division or be "right there at the end". What was their final record?

Oh yeah.

QUOTE(El Piervizdyeguchansodnik @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 09:08 AM)
What's with all this crap?

I honestly hope the Twins go and sweep the Tigers now.

I'm not going that far. I still want the Tigers to sweep the Twins. The Tigers haven't played us. What Dmitri Young said is nonsence, I'm guessing their team won't be there in the end. I don't believe they have enough pitching and their lineup is so top heavy.

"Forget the other teams," Young said to the strains of "Cripple Creek," "it's going to come down to us and Cleveland. No disrespect to the Twins and White Sox, I just feel that club, the doggone Indians, is going to be the thorn in our side."

You, see kids, this is your brain on drugs... :bang

As long as the Twins have a healthy Hunter, Stewart, Santana, Radke, Nathan and Rincon, they are the team to beat.

The Tigers are improved, no question. But Percival has worn down the last few seasons. Bonderman and Maroth aren't there yet. And Maggs has certainly suffered from a lot of strange afflications lately.

Maybe the Tigers will be there. But I'd like to see them make it out of April with a winning record before they talk too much.

As for Dmitri, he's not even the best hitter in his family.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 09:12 AM)
I'm not going that far. I still want the Tigers to sweep the Twins. The Tigers haven't played us. What Dmitri Young said is nonsence, I'm guessing their team won't be there in the end. I don't believe they have enough pitching and their lineup is so top heavy.

i agree, there pitching sucks. everyone says the tigers have a real good chance to win. they also say pitching is what wins games. who the hell would take the tigers pitching staff over ours? there number two pitcher is Maroth!

>dmitri has no right what so ever to say the sox and twins wont win it it. last time i checked, the sox and twins have finished 1st and 2nd the last few yrs.

>i dont think the tigers can manufacter runs.

dimitri.... :headshake

>the tigers are not gonna improve by 20 wins(they had like 70 last yr, probably take 90 at the least) just cuz they got maggs and percival.

f*** the kittens.

whats interesting is he has a point... i just looked at the runs each team has scored so far...

Twins are LAST and we're 3rd to LAST... Guess who's first in the AL?

Detroit... who knows guys... anything is still possible

QUOTE(Reddy @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 04:52 PM)
whats interesting is he has a point... i just looked at the runs each team has scored so far...

Twins are LAST and we're 3rd to LAST...  Guess who's first in the AL?

Detroit...  who knows guys... anything is still possible

Yeah, but that Triple A pitching staff is going to hurt them.

QUOTE(Pasqua's Mailman @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 08:46 AM)
That quote from today's Detroit News blew my mind.  I guess a .500 start has the Tigers thinking big.

http://www.detnews.com/2005/tigers/0504/11/D01-146478.htm

This is a pretty stupid quote from Young, unless.... he means the battle for third place :P

Detroit's pitching is still weak with Bonderman, Robertson, and Ledezma still learning.

Edited by El Barto

QUOTE(Reddy @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 04:52 PM)

Twins are LAST and we're 3rd to LAST...  Guess who's first in the AL?

Detroit...  who knows guys... anything is still possible

Ya, we were 3rd in the league last year in runs scored, that didn't get us very far.