Boone to Minnesota (Official)

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/baseball/232009_moore11.html

Minnesota's attractive, too, Boone saying: "I love playing in their stadium, and I'm impressed with how they go about their business and get to the postseason every year."

Do you know anyone who has a nice word to say about the metrodome who's not on the Twins of Vikes payroll?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(AssHatSoxFan @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 08:06 AM)
i thought i allegedly heard the twins were not interested...maybe its a ploy to raise his value on the open market

I heard they werent as well. Doesnt matter, unless they are passing out some BALCO leftovers in the clubhouse, Boone is worthless.

Minnesota's attractive, too, Boone saying: "I love playing in their stadium, and I'm impressed with how they go about their business and get to the postseason every year."

Haha, you don't have to kiss ass for them to sign you.

Some of us can't read Kruk columns...damn insider.

Anywho...I'd love for the Twinkies to get him. He's hardly an upgrade over anything on their roster right now. .231 BA, .299 OBP? Hell, he only has hit 7 home runs this year. That's more than the 3 guys they have at 2nd base on their roster, but it's hardly anything to shout about.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 03:15 PM)
Ha, I don't blame you one bit.  I don't think anybody in their right mind would blame you.

This kind of makes me giddy.  It almost seems like a desperation move... :ph34r:

Its a lottery ticket. If it hits, you got a winner. If not, you throw it away and start over again.

QUOTE(That funky motion @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 04:24 PM)
Im watching the hotlist and they are saying that he is now on the Twins!

"The Twinkies...and Booney......don't get the job done!" Inspired by your avatar. Anyways, I'm not worried about it. His low average and lack of any offense do not scare me. He is not too much of an upgrade over Rivas, Punto, or anyone else they got. Dont get me wrong, lots of us were calling for Boone on the Sox this past offseason because it is a contract year I beleive but look what he's done. NOTHING.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 03:15 PM)
They wont have much payroll flexibility in the trade market after this move.

They are paying very little of Boone's remaining salary. I doubt they had much flexibility to begin with. Its really a shame for Twins fans considering Pohlad is one of the richest, if not the richest owner in all of baseball. Boone may still have a little in the tank. It seems most players the Twins acquire contribute mightily to their success. All that said, 9 games is a pretty big deficit, and I think KW can trump that move several times over.