Speculation On 2006 Season Ticket Base

Wealz

Someone in the know on 35th told me yesterday that they have sold so many upper reserve season tix this past week that they might not offer upper reserve season tickets this winter. Also, I've heard from someone not on 35th that LD sections from 113 to 153 are now almost completely filled on season tickets.

If all this is true, is it a safe bet that the season ticket base jumps from just over 10,000 to around 18,000, maybe more? What's that mean for the payroll?

QUOTE(Wealz @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 04:40 PM)
Someone in the know on 35th told me yesterday that they have sold so many upper reserve season tix this past week that they might not offer upper reserve season tickets this winter.  Also, I've heard from someone not on 35th that LD sections from 113 to 153 are now almost completely filled on season tickets.

If all this is true, is it a safe bet that the season ticket base jumps from just over 10,000 to around 18,000, maybe more?  What's that mean for the payroll?

Boyer on WMVP yesterday indicated the base didn't jump more than several thousand - find that hard to believe - I have been trying to find out about my order since Tuesday!!!!!!

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 11:47 AM)
It was at just over 11K this season.. the Sox didn't have 8K in WS tickets to give away, so 19K I doubt. Maybe back up to 15K. Baby steps.

Well you still have to account for us kids who are gonna get season tix regardless of getting WS tickets :crying :banghead :D

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 11:47 AM)
It was at just over 11K this season.. the Sox didn't have 8K in WS tickets to give away, so 19K I doubt. Maybe back up to 15K. Baby steps.

Exactly. It takes a while to work that up. That is a lot of money to just put down out of no where. The season ticket number will get a good bounce regardless of what happens in the next week and a half, and a much better jump if the White Sox can advertise themselves as something they haven't be able to say in oh about 88 years or so.

QUOTE(Wealz @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 10:40 AM)
Someone in the know on 35th told me yesterday that they have sold so many upper reserve season tix this past week that they might not offer upper reserve season tickets this winter.  Also, I've heard from someone not on 35th that LD sections from 113 to 153 are now almost completely filled on season tickets.

If all this is true, is it a safe bet that the season ticket base jumps from just over 10,000 to around 18,000, maybe more?  What's that mean for the payroll?

The Upper Deck Reserves will still be available.

They've changed mine to Upper Deck premium...ooooh fancy.

I'd agree with the 18K figure .. if the White Sox win the World Series. We know for certain that the orders exceeded the supply of WS tickets. So 15K sounds reasonable. But then you have to add the WS win factor. In a city starving for a winning atmosphere I'd even go as far to say 20K is not unreasonable!

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 11:52 AM)
Exactly.  It takes a while to work that up.  That is a lot of money to just put down out of no where.  The season ticket number will get a good bounce regardless of what happens in the next week and a half, and a much better jump if the White Sox can advertise themselves as something they haven't be able to say in oh about 88 years or so.

One of the reps said that there are no premium seats available anymore for seasons, which was different than last year. From what I know, they had at least to section 113 filled.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 01:51 PM)
One of the reps said that there are no premium seats available anymore for seasons, which was different than last year.  From what I know, they had at least to section 113 filled.

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 01:55 PM)
From baseline to baseline is sold out every year.  I would imagine that halfway down the line would be the beginning of next year's offer.

I really hope all of this is true. Every season ticket we can sell next year is another step towards a 9 figure payroll, and more chances at becoming a perennial playoff team. I would be thrilled to death to hear that our season ticket base went over 15,000 let alone 18-20K.

QUOTE(sec159row2 @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 03:04 PM)
game 2 season 2006 paid attendence= 12,650

my prediction...

My guess is 25K. Opening day will be hard to get, and I think people are going to want to see this team.

My guess on season ticket base is 18K if they lose the series, 22k if they win the series. Everyone wants to be associated with a winner.

(Heck, in DC we had a first-year season ticket base of 24k)

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 02:03 PM)
I really hope all of this is true.

It's not. Row 29 to 35 behind us were mostly TM and day of game upgrades. I would guess the further down the line, the more open seats. 3 friends bought mid season and got in 122 rows 24 and up. It's getting more full.. but it's definitely not sold out between the bases. Good sign regardless.

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 01:21 PM)
It's not. Row 29 to 35 behind us were mostly TM and day of game upgrades. I would guess the further down the line, the more open seats. 3 friends bought mid season and got in 122 rows 24 and up. It's getting more full.. but it's definitely not sold out between the bases. Good sign regardless.

AS season progresses, more seats pop up, as plans get prorated.