New Tejada News: O's reportedly make a proposal...

maggsmaggs

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(quade36 @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 02:21 PM)
Wow, I hope this doesn't happen.  Not only would the Sox trade two Major League players, but two of their top prospects?  Thats too much.

Agreed. This Tejada obsession may be going to far. It makes no sense to trade the present and future for Tejada. Either the O's have lost all touch with reality or my bulls*** sensors having been sounding all day for good reason, mlbtraderumors.com

Very interesting. I don't necessarily hesitate on this move because were getting arguably the best shortstop in baseball. Sure we give up a starting pitcher (although Bmac gets pencilled in) and a prospect or two, but if the Sox got something else back (maybe a bullpen arm or a spect that could help us in that regard) I really have zero problem with this.

Tejada would be here for a while and he'll put up pretty darn good numbers to boot.

That said, I don't think we need to make a deal. I like this team the way it is, but Tejada/Thome/Konerko or some variation of that would be a pretty dangerous middle of the order.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 07:26 PM)
That said, I don't think we need to make a deal.  I like this team the way it is, but Tejada/Thome/Konerko or some variation of that would be a pretty dangerous middle of the order.

That's the thing. Even though a lot of people seem to be against acquiring Tejada, I'm sure these are the same people who will be praising him when he's putting up 300-35-110 next season.

Again that site is bulls***.

I liike sweeney. He is my favorite prospect, however I couldnt care less if we gave that up for tejada.

It would make our offense pretty stacked for the next few years. That plus our exsiting pitching staff would give us the ability to make a run for a few years.

Now the fact that this site mentioned it. I doubt it would happen. Hopefully his "source" is not the mlb.com forums.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 11:27 AM)
That's the thing.  Even though a lot of people seem to be against acquiring Tejada, I'm sure these are the same people who will be praising him when he's putting up 300-35-110 next season.

While playing pretty good defense. I love Uribe defensively, but Tejada isn't some joke in the field. Plus you got to like the fact that he's 29 and doesn't turn 30 till May. Basically he's in his prime and signed very modestly for another few years (don't remember how many though).

He also has played 162 games for 5 straight seasons and in 2000 it was 160 and 1999 it was 159. Thats pretty damn impressive (now which we'll trade for him and he'll get hurt, haha).

Of course I'm really a Uribe fan and I think he could in turn end up having a semi similar career. The sky's the limit with that kid and I eventually see him turning into a 25-30 HR guy himself.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 01:27 PM)
That's the thing.  Even though a lot of people seem to be against acquiring Tejada, I'm sure these are the same people who will be praising him when he's putting up 300-35-110 next season.

well, sure - once the deal is done you cheer for your player.

but that doesn't mean you can't have an opinion about a deal before it's done, does it?

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 07:31 PM)
Tejada has never hit 35 homers in a season.

he's also never played in the cell for 80 games...

um...i guess its an alrite trade, but i would like to know what "top pitching prospect is"

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 01:28 PM)
Again that site is bulls***.

I liike sweeney.  He is my favorite prospect, however I couldnt care less if we gave that up for tejada.

It would make our offense pretty stacked for the next few years.  That plus our exsiting pitching staff would give us the ability to make a run for a few years.

Now the fact that this site mentioned it.  I doubt it would happen.  Hopefully his "source" is not the mlb.com forums.

mlbtraderumors.com is not a bulls*** site. He does in fact have legitimate sources. And all baseball teams go through tons of proposals and interest in players.

Sounds similar to the Cubs type deal that was being offered so I would think for the package the Sox are giving up, Bedard would be included as well. Cubs offer was like Prior, Neifi, Patterson and Rich Hill. We would give up arguably the better "ace" in Contreras, a better younger SS in Uribe over Neifi, a better OF prospect in Sweeney over Patterson and maybe a solid lefty like Lumsden or Liotta for Tejada and Bedard. The Cubs deal went nowhere but it was a start, now that its been upgraded with Sox players it might happen. I would give up Count, Uribe, Sweeney and either Liotta or Lumsden as long as we got both Tejada and Bedard. No BMac in the deal!!!!!

QUOTE(heirdog @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 01:36 PM)
Sounds similar to the Cubs type deal that was being offered so I would think for the package the Sox are giving up, Bedard would be included as well.  Cubs offer was like Prior, Neifi, Patterson and Rich Hill.  We would give up arguably the better "ace" in Contreras, a better younger SS in Uribe over Neifi, a better OF prospect in Sweeney over Patterson and maybe a solid lefty like Lumsden or Liotta for Tejada and Bedard.  The Cubs deal went nowhere but it was a start, now that its been upgraded with Sox players it might happen.  I would give up Count, Uribe, Sweeney and either Liotta or Lumsden as long as we got both Tejada and Bedard.  No BMac in the deal!!!!!

Lumsden has barely pitched in the minors, they would not want him.