I'm running the London Marathon and...

DePloderer

Hi everyone,

I'm doing the London Marathon in April and have decided to run it in aid of The Rainbow Trust. Take a look at it's site and I'm sure you'll all agree that although it's not one of the major charities, it's still a very worthwhile one.

I've just set up a web page HERE and was hoping that some of you guys would be happy to sponsor me. We have nearly 3000 members, if only 10% were to pledge $5.00 that would mean an awful lot to The Rainbow Trust. To be honest, $5.00, $2.00, $1.00 or $25.00!, any and all donations would be greatly appreciated.

BTW don't worry about the "gift aid" stuff, if your not from the UK it doesn't apply.

Thank you in advance,

Simon.

Edited by DePloderer

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Mar 16, 2006 -> 10:57 PM)
British Pounds?  ;)

£1.00 is currently worth $1.75. So £3.00 is just about $5.00 and £2.00 is worth around $3.50. I'm sure the currency conversion will be done automaticaly for you. I can't work out just what £50.00 equates to in Dollars, prehaps someone could donate this and let me know!

QUOTE(knightni @ Mar 18, 2006 -> 06:44 AM)
:britishflag:  :cheers  :headbang

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 17, 2006 -> 11:08 PM)
Well its not much, but hopefully it helps :cheers

Thanks so much guy's it is realy appreciated.

Just think, if everyone on this site followed your examples.....we could realy help some people. Tell me what does $3.00 buy these days?

Once again, thanks a lot. :cheers

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 04:17 PM)
You might want to point out to your blokes on that side of the pond that the Americans are making them look bad, and that they need to pony up a little more or get beat by the colonies again :P  :usa

What a good idea, a bit of competition always helps. Most of my freinds over here are donating in person, I'll add them to the site later. Lets see who's winning then! :P

UPDATE

For those that have asked for one.

My on line donation page is now up to $524. This is in part due to the great generosity of members of this site. Thank you to you all.

My "in-person" sponsership totals will be added to this total just before the race.

Once again, thanks to all those who have helped so far and to those who thought that they would like to help, but "will do it later", please don't wait too long. The site closes a few days before the marathon.

It'll only take you a couple of minutes!