Jack Egbert

Pos: SP

DoB: 05/12/83

Ht: 6'3"

Wt: 205

Bats: L

Throws: R

Egbert_Jack.jpg

Jack was drafted by the Sox in the 13th round (389th overall) in the 2004 draft. He pitched for Great Falls in rookie ball in 2004, going 4-1 with a 3.37 ERA and a 52/33 K/BB ratio.

I couldn't find any stats for him for the 2005 season, so he may have been injured, I'll have to find out there.

This season Jack started off for the W-S Hogs. So far he has a 4-3 record with a 2.77 ERA and a 28/15 K/BB ratio, so he's pretty damn good. Only 2 HR's given up in 68.1IP. He appeared on my radar tonight because he put up a good line going 6.2IP with 2ER, 1 BB and 8K's. Looks like another pitcher starting to move up in our system.

A lot of people talk about the big 3 in B-Ham with Broadway, Lumsden and Liotta, but the Hogs have a pretty nice rotation going in Harrell, Russell and Egbert themselves.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Egbert's still only given up the 2HR all the way thru the season. Finished up at 9-8 2.94 ERA at Winston - Salem with a 120/46 K/BB ratio.

The big story here is however, 4GS at B-Ham, 0-2 with a 0.86 ERA, .215 BAA and a 24/8 K/BB ratio.

He's quickly becoming one of our better prospects.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
QUOTE (Markbilliards @ Jul 5, 2008 -> 02:53 PM)
So why has Jack been having so many awful games this year? Not recovering well from injury or is AAA just to hard?

I expected much more from Egbert this season.

He's been getting a lot better. His last 7 starts, in 41 innings, he has a 3.29 ERA, with 41 K's versus 9 walks. Those are some strong numbers.