2 Bulls questions and a bonus Q

Chombi

So the Kobe talk is back and I am all for acquiring him. Well, I was, until yesterdays trade roundup.

Do we trade for him?

Why did we trade J.R. Smith?

Anyone see those Mens Warehouse commercials? Does Tony Cornheiser own Men's Warehouse b/c that is him? lol. Nah but they look a lot alike.

Edited by Chombi and the Fungi

I was all for the Kobe deal until yesterday. The deal used to included Hinrich or Gordon, to go with Noc, our pick (Now Noah) and like Tyrus Thomas. Maybe a Duhon/Thabo if Gordon was choosen. That was the offseason.

Now according to Bucher yesterday...It's Hinrich, Gordon, Thomas, I think Noc but not sure, and they want Deng with it. If that is really it? No way.

I am all for moving Gordon, Thomas, Noc and if we can give someone Noah...please do it. That kind of deal I'd be ok with. The Lakers get 4 potential very valuable pieces and could probably turn around an package one or two for a "star" like Marion.

If they demand more from us. IE Deng, no deal. If it included Hinrich and Gordon...I'd say no deal, but really, I'd prolly take it as long as no one else significant was in it. Money purposes probably Joe Smith would need to be in it.

If there is a possibility for a 3 way trade to remove some pressure on our end, try it.

If Kobe is available though at the right price you get him. Especially now. The East got a little better but still isn't the West. Lebron carried the Cavs to the Finals so why couldn't Kobe.

I am not even a huge fan of Kobe. Actually I hate him but I would like to win and I can see him growing on me with a few Buzzer beaters and playoff wins.

JR Smith. It pissed me off btw and has from day 1. Maybe I have a man-crush on this guy because he commited to UNC Idont know. I followed what he did after that though and really though he was a good player.

Then we deal Chandler, get him in the deal which to me was a blessing. We deal him immediately for Howard Eisley I think and a 2nd round pick or two.

I understand he has somewhat of an attitude but he is a kid. If Skiles couldn't handle a 20 year olds attitude, then he shouldnt be coaching. Talent wise, I felt he could be top 5 in that draft class, which was a damn good class IMO.

QUOTE(Chombi and the Fungi @ Oct 18, 2007 -> 04:45 PM)
I am not even a huge fan of Kobe. Actually I hate him but I would like to win and I can see him growing on me with a few Buzzer beaters and playoff wins.

You're willing to root for a player that you hate? You got no soul, bro.

If they were to acquire this douche, I'd never watch another Bulls game, and basketball is like my #1 passion in life.

QUOTE(Chombi and the Fungi @ Oct 18, 2007 -> 04:45 PM)
JR Smith. It pissed me off btw and has from day 1. Maybe I have a man-crush on this guy because he commited to UNC Idont know. I followed what he did after that though and really though he was a good player.

Way to back an idiot. :cheers

I was actually a huge JR Smith fan too, like I really thought he was going to be good with the hornets and he would be one of those guys along with Josh Smith ;p id always be like it would be so awesome if the Bulls could land him. Than we go and trade him for nothing.... that was pretty dissapointing.

You're willing to root for a player that you hate? You got no soul, bro.

If they were to acquire this douche, I'd never watch another Bulls game, and basketball is like my #1 passion in life.

Way to back an idiot. :cheers

There is some truth to what you say.

I am usually for the ultimate goal of winning a title. You may not be, but I am. If Kobe can win it for the Bulls, I can't say I won't root for him. Will I be like the guy outside of the NBA, no? What he does on the court, you can't argue with. He is a great player. As a person, not so much, but I dont care because he isn't a friend of mine so what he does is what he does. I am not one to judge.

Michael Jordan, our idol. The GOAT. He is considered to be a less then stellar person off the court. Cheated on his wife, gambles, etc. So save the on-court/off-court behaviors. If they do their job and do it better then anyone else, I'll take them.

So yes, I'd root for him because I am rooting for the Bulls and I'd like them to win. They're one of the few "teams" in the NBA. By that I mean they don't have a superstar, but have very good players. We aren't the best "team" in the league or even in our conference so a change should be made. A mediocre team made the finals because of one guy and a cast. Our cast with Kobe would look to be better then the Cavs.

J.R. Smith is another case. An idiot, but a good looking player. He is immautre, and thats it. Eventually, you can have one guy like that when his talent far exceeds his attitude. We had him and dealt him for next to nothing. I think we could've gotten more for him if he wasn't showing maturity.

The Bulls can't trade for Kobe until after Dec 15th. If the Bulls were to pull of any kind of deal for Kobe, because of salary requirements, they'd have to add one of the following three players: Big Ben, Kirk or Noc.

Forget the Bulls dealing Big Ben (nor would the Lakers trade for him) and forget the Bulls dealing Hinrich. Noc would be the main salary piece that gets dealt and due to the Bulls just re-signing him this last off-season, they can't deal him until Dec 15th due to the CBA.

The Bulls are about to re-sign Lou Deng to a Hinrich like deal. Ben Gordon on the other hand...nowhere near a new deal with the Bulls as of now.

Kobe makes 19.5 million this year. Gordon and Noc add up to a little over 12 million. Another player would have to be thrown in to meet the salary requirements and to appease the Lakers. That other player would probably be Tyrus Thomas. Tyrus makes over 3 million this year. After Dec 15, Gordon/Noc/Tyrus for Kobe would work under the CBA and be accepted by the league.

It's just a matter if the Bulls would want to be that thin at the 4 while getting Kobe. The Lakers would probably be willing to throw in Turiaf as a filler and give the Bulls another big body that wouldn't effect the trade as far as the CBA goes.

So the deal would stand as this: Nocioni, Gordon and Thomas for Bryant and Turiaf.

Would you do this deal? There is no doubt in my mind that the Lakers would do this with Kobe still pounding the doors down to leave. Would Pax? Stay tuned.

If I were Pax? I'd say no to Kobe. We can do great things with the players we already have. I hope we keep them together.

Edited by rockren