White Sox Payroll Resource

Kalapse

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE(Vance Law @ Jan 24, 2008 -> 05:33 PM)
Great job, Kalapse. So your total at the bottom of the page estimates all of the pre-arb salaries right now, is that right?

No, it only includes the guaranteed money, the 7-9 league minimum players were not included. Once we get to spring training and the Crede/Uribe situations are resolved I'll add the PRE-ARB salaries to the sheet. The PRE-ARB players will account for another $2.8M-$4M total if anyone is curious as to what the "actual" payroll would be if the season started today.

I have a question about your service time field. If i'm reading it right, you say Richar, Fields and Owens have .085, .136 and .147 service time, respectively. Now, the way i interpret those numbers would be they have 8.5%, 13.6% and 14.7% of a season under their belt. Over the course of a season that means 14, 22 and 23 games. Am i just being retarded? Or do those calculations not make sense? I'm just wondering. I think this is a great spreadsheet, not trying to critique, just trying to find out information.

QUOTE(ChiSox_Sonix @ Jan 25, 2008 -> 03:19 PM)
I have a question about your service time field. If i'm reading it right, you say Richar, Fields and Owens have .085, .136 and .147 service time, respectively. Now, the way i interpret those numbers would be they have 8.5%, 13.6% and 14.7% of a season under their belt. Over the course of a season that means 14, 22 and 23 games. Am i just being retarded? Or do those calculations not make sense? I'm just wondering. I think this is a great spreadsheet, not trying to critique, just trying to find out information.

Ok I'll do my best to explain this. A service number is not a decimal it's just a simple way of displaying a player's total service time. A guy like Gavin Floyd who has a service number of 1.045 has 1 year and 45 days of service. In order to earn a year of service a player must spend 172 DAYS on the team's active roster (I'll explain what constitutes 172 days in a second) so when a player reaches a service number of 1.172 the number changes to 2.

A player can not earn more than 1 year of service in any given season, a player can start earning service time on the first regularly scheduled game of the season through the final regularly scheduled game of the season (playoff games, minor league service and minor league DL do not count but suspensions and major league DL time do count.) If a player is optioned to a minor league affiliate for a period of less than 20 days then said player will earn the service time for those days spent in the minors. The day a player is sent down will count towards his service time but the day he is called up will not count.

For example Josh Fields' service number coming into the 2007 season was 0.022 since he was called up on Sept 10 2006 and stayed through the final game of the season Oct 1 2006 (the day he was called up doesn't count so he earned 22 days of service.) Fields was called up on June 6th 2007 and stayed through the final day of the season Sept 30 2007 bringing his total service time to 136 days or 0.136.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jan 24, 2008 -> 01:09 PM)
Newly redesigned for the 2008 season this year's White Sox Payroll Resource includes all players currently on the team's 40 man roster, their date of birth, Agent, service time and contract status through the 2013 season. You'll also find an accurate "actual" payroll number at the bottom of the sheet. This new design is easy on the eyes and a whole hell of a lot easier to edit than last year's version which means you'll be seeing more frequent updates! As always please let me know of any mistakes you may find in the graphic. Enjoy!

LINK

whitesoxcontractsheet32ql8.th.jpg

Made on a Mac?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...