50 FAVORITE WHITE SOX PLAYERS

knightni

48. Brian Anderson

610x.jpg

(4 of 27 lists - 41 points - highest ranking #2 Heads22)

Bio by Heads22 -

I guess Brian became one of my favorite players after the Rowand deal. He wasn't a guy I followed in the minors, really, at all. But I was never as enamored with Rowand as the rest. His callup in late 2005, when he went deep twice in a game against Seattle, got me on his bandwagon early. His struggles irked many of the posters here, but I wanted to see him succeed if for no other reason than I wanted to see a Sox rookie succeed for once.

You know, he's just one of those guys that a fan has an irrational love for. I'm sure many other people out there have a guy they've always rooted for, despite having no real rationale. Brian's that guy for me.

No matter what Ozzie or anyone else thinks of him, Brian is balls-to-the wall in Centerfield. He gives 1,000% out there on defense.

Please feel free to comment with any more info and favorite stories about this player or any other in this list.

People root for Brian because he's like the goofy every-man type.

Obviously, Alexei is the better player, but if we're talking strictly favoritism, then there's really no objective way of saying someone should be 'favorite.'

All that said, Alexei is becoming one of my all-time favorite Sox. All within a matter of months.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Aug 8, 2008 -> 08:26 AM)
Why the hell is it so hard for some of you to understand the difference between "favorite" and "best"?

If my personal favorite was Jaime Navarro and I had a personal story to back it up, he's my FAVORITE, not the BEST. Now, I'd have to have my head examined (:lol:), but if there's an experience that makes him my favorite, please allow me to keep those good times.

I'm not seeing any good Brian Anderson back stories. I can think of maybe 2 or 3 games, tops, that he truly made a difference.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Aug 8, 2008 -> 11:24 AM)
I think it is more ridiculous to see someone with less than a full season on the list. But to each his own. I imagine there may be someone coming up on the list because of his sex appeal. That may be a good reason for some of our members, not so for others.

If sex appeal was the major factor, BA would be #1 all time!

Is it really surprising to people that Anderson made this? He's had his own fan club on here for 4 years now. I love the fact that he's been productive this year, as I think even his biggest fans on this site wrote him out of the organization after last year. I'm shocked he wasn't a lot higher. Now, if I see the following players on this list, I might have to make some negative remarks:

Jaime Navarro, Tim Belcher, Royce Clayton, Jose Paniagua, Jesus Pena, Ron Santo, Darin Erstad, Scott Ruffcorn, D'Angelo Jimenez, Jon Rauch, Billy Koch

Edited by fathom

Best Brian Anderson story has to be when they visited the Playboy Mansion two seasons ago, and he was flirting with Kendra (one of Hef's girlfriends). I forget who it was on the Sox, but they go to Anderson "I'm sure she'll leave Hef and the mansion to go live with you and your mom in Arizona".

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 8, 2008 -> 10:44 AM)
Is it really surprising to people that Anderson made this? He's had his own fan club on here for 4 years now. I love the fact that he's been productive this year, as I think even his biggest fans on this site wrote him out of the organization after last year. I'm shocked he wasn't a lot higher. Now, if I see the following players on this list, I might have to make some negative remarks:

D'Angelo Jimenez

Oh man, good ol' D'Angelo Jimenez. When we first got him, I really thought he was gonna be our 2B of the future... I went to a Redbirds (Cards' AAA team) game a couple weeks ago, and Jimenez hit the go-ahead 2-run double, which won the game for them. I cheered like crazy (more as a joke than anything) for the guy b/c I used to like him at the beginning of his stint with us. Though, by the time he got traded I was more than ready to see him go...