50 FAVORITE WHITE SOX PLAYERS

knightni

12. Jermaine Dye

16PHDYE055.jpg

(17 of 27 lists - 231 points - highest ranking #1 whitesoxbrian)

bio by whitesoxbrian -

When we picked JD up in 2005, I thought to myself "what are we doing here?". Shortly there-after, I knew why. He was the right guy for what we were trying to do. We needed a little pop in the middle of the lineup, and Jermaine gave that to us with his 31 HR that year.

When we got to the playoffs, Dye was a huge factor. He drove in the 1st and last runs in the World Series that year, and also hit .430+ in that Series.

In 2006, Dye had a huge start and got me thinking about possibly the triple crown. He came up short (way short) of that, but he still managed to make the All-Star team and hit .315.

Jermaine was/is not only was a clutch hitter, but he made, and still makes, nice plays out in RF.

A quiet leader but a clutch player is how I will sum up Jermaine in 20 years from now. He's always been a fan favorite in Chicago, and rightly so. Another ring, and his number may be on the left-center wall in a decade or two.

JD is the definition of a professional in every way.He is one guy I can honestly say I cant remember a time over the past four years that I given up on him as a producer in the sox lineup.All the other hitters have given me that doubt along the way and some for extended periods of time but not JD.