50 FAVORITE WHITE SOX PLAYERS

knightni

10. Paul Konerko

ChicagoWhiteSoxPaulKonerko.jpg

(20 of 27 lists - 286 points - highest ranking #2 MHizzle85)

bio by MHizzle85 -

Paul Konerko. 3-time all-star. 2004 AL Comeback Player of the Year. 2005 ALCS MVP. One of the key pieces of the World Series team. One of my favorite Sox players of all time. Back in 1999 when he came over in a trade for Mike Cameron, at the time i thought, who's Paul Konerko and why did we trade Mike Cameron? (Mike Cameron being a player that I enjoyed watching) I also had no idea of the numbers he would put up. Sure he's been struggling this season, but I'll never forget his monster 2004-2006 hitting at least 35 homers and driving in 100 during that time.

I will also never forget the great postseason he had in 2005, especially the grand slam (which would be the first in White Sox world series history) in Game 2 of the World Series. Even better was him giving Jerry Reinsdorf the game clinching ball at the World Series rally and how happy I, as well as every other Sox fan I knew that he was re-signed shortly thereafter.

These are many of the reasons why Paul Konerko is one of my favorite White Sox players of all time.

QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 11, 2008 -> 12:57 PM)
10. Paul Konerko

I will also never forget the great postseason he had in 2005, especially the grand slam (which would be the first in White Sox world series history) in Game 1 of the World Series. Even better was him giving Jerry Reinsdorf the game clinching ball at the World Series rally and how happy I, as well as every other Sox fan I knew that he was re-signed shortly thereafter.

Wrong game.

Edited by BigSqwert

Paulie's grand slam = my favorite Damaso Marte moment.

I remember that doofus Walter Jacobson complaining on the news when Paulie circled the bases in Minnesota holding a beer can back in 2000.

Of course after that Skippy has been silent on the Cubs spraying champagne on the Ivy in 2003 and celebrating with alcohol in 2007. Oh, and Skippy has been nailed for a DUI twice since then.

I got the Paulie bug after his walk off in MN I think in '03. The one that pulled him out of his funk...

He tied it off of Guardado, and then Frank hit a 2-run walk off shot on July 2nd 2003. It was Carl Everett's and Roberto Alomar's first game with the Sox.

That was an awesome night in the bleachers.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Sep 12, 2008 -> 05:50 PM)
He tied it off of Guardado, and then Frank hit a 2-run walk off shot on July 2nd 2003. It was Carl Everett's and Roberto Alomar's first game with the Sox.

That was an awesome night in the bleachers.

f***ing Billy Koch....however, that game was one of the most exciting I can remember.

Edited by fathom