50 FAVORITE WHITE SOX PLAYERS

knightni

7. Joe Crede

credediving2_1.jpg

(21 of 27 lists - 325 points - highest ranking #2 southsider2k5, smalls2598)

bio by smalls2598 -

“Joooooooooooooooe Creeeeeede!”

Joe Crede made his major league debut in 2000, went on to become an everyday starter in the 2003 season, and was a key player in the 2005 World Series Championship season. While not much of an average hitter, Crede does have moderate power, and even took home a Silver Slugger Award in the 2006 season after hitting .283 with career highs of 30 homeruns and 94 RBI. Crede is best known for his clutch hitting (hello Rally Crede) and stellar defense at the hot corner, both of which were well on display during the World Series run.

While Joe may not go down as the best third baseman in Sox history, he did play a few Gold Glove worthy seasons, was an All Star in 2008, and has produced many memories which I will never forget. Some of these memories were the game winning blast late in September 2005 vs the Indians. Or the game winning hit in the ALCS after AJ “stole” first base. Or his MVP like World Series performance. Thanks to that magical season, Joe will always be one of my favorite Sox players of all time.

Joe Crede is a legend ... in my mind at least.

It was reported Crede had his locker cleaned out so I guess in addition to Brooks Robinson, you can make the comparison to Carlton Fisk.

If you take the 2005 stretch run and the three post season series, this guy was the Sox MVP for that time period, imho.

He didn't show up in the Red Sox series, but he was a beast in September.

t was reported Crede had his locker cleaned out so I guess in addition to Brooks Robinson, you can make the comparison to Carlton Fisk.

I'll stand my comparison to Brooksie's defense in 05. Joe was a god with the glove. Sorry to see you hating on Joe. Anybody who says his defense was not flat out remarkable is just hating on their own.

Edited by greg775