Bulllington to start in Lee's place

WhiteSoxfan1986

QUOTE (daa84 @ Sep 27, 2008 -> 09:03 PM)
this is enormous news......bullington is awful...hes not even AAA fodder...if we can't beat him with mark on the mound we dont deserve to even sniff the division trophy

No doubt in my mind, we win tomorrow. So that the Sox can keep us fans going for the maximum numbers of days only to disappoint us. Then we'll go out and get beat by Detroit and Freddy.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Sep 27, 2008 -> 10:21 PM)
it doesnt matter who Cleveland is pitching b/c we aint pitching worth a s***.

It's more often than not, easy for young inexperienced pitchers to roll through a 1-dimensional lineup that doesn't seem to understand making adjustments at-bat to at-bat

We often say how frustrating it is to watch these no-namers wipe the floor with our offense. Well, when you can stick to a relatively simple gameplan, it's not all that difficult to beat this type of offense, especially when a lot of the hitters have never seen said pitcher before

this is enormous news......bullington is awful...hes not even AAA fodder...if we can't beat him with mark on the mound we dont deserve to even sniff the division trophy

You got that right, but I ain't discounting Bullington besting us. I watched the Twins game today and I'd be mortified if they lost again Sunday. They had more opportunities wasted vs. the Royals. They got some talented lefty hitters who are going to abuse Duckworth. Believe me, we're going to finally have to win one or the season ends Sunday.

QUOTE (CQMVP @ Sep 28, 2008 -> 02:02 AM)
Mark pitches 7, and gives up 2 runs. We score 7. Our bullpen comes in and gives up 8 runs. We lose the game tomorrow 10-7.

That's my prediction.

I don't think the back three of Thornton, Dotel and Jenks in some combination the last two innings would give up 8. More realistically, 2 on a 2-run HR or two solo bombs. But they aren't THAT bad.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Sep 27, 2008 -> 08:03 PM)

Come on, you've seen the Sox in the past 10+ years, right? Their achilles heal is pitchers they have never seen before. I'm still convinced one of this teams greatest faults is scouting.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Sep 27, 2008 -> 06:06 PM)
No doubt in my mind, we win tomorrow. So that the Sox can keep us fans going for the maximum numbers of days only to disappoint us. Then we'll go out and get beat by Detroit and Freddy.

Naw you got it all wrong . Max # would be to beat Detoilet and then lose to that northern team whose name shant cross my lips.