Gordon Beckham's Last 15 Games

HuskyCaucasian

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, on his last at bat (Believe it was the last) he worked the count and took a BB. He had a good eye as he was 1 and 2 on the count and took one or two good pitches. He is laying off the breaking stuff as well.

He seems to have found his comfort zone. Both Beckham and Getz have really impressed me lately. Seeing production out of the new young core is encouraging. The only thing I dont understand is the situation with Poreda. If he isn't getting the playing time he deserves why is he up here?

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jun 22, 2009 -> 09:40 AM)
He seems to have found his comfort zone. Both Beckham and Getz have really impressed me lately. Seeing production out of the new young core is encouraging. The only thing I dont understand is the situation with Poreda. If he isn't getting the playing time he deserves why is he up here?

Seriously.

I'd much rather have Poreda pitch than Linebrink.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 22, 2009 -> 09:36 AM)
If you factor our the Bacon Slayer's first 4 games where he went 0 for 13, Bacon Slayer is hitting .263.

Just thought I would pass that along. He's been looking very good recently.

well, if you take Fields 5 for 45 slump out of it he's hitting .262. I don't think either of them have been overly impressive yet. Beckham looks to have a nice upside but you never know. 2 years ago, Fields was looking like the real deal as well.

QUOTE (Lemon_44 @ Jun 22, 2009 -> 10:05 AM)
well, if you take Fields 5 for 45 slump out of it he's hitting .262. I don't think either of them have been overly impressive yet. Beckham looks to have a nice upside but you never know. 2 years ago, Fields was looking like the real deal as well.

Yes, but Beckham can FIELDs. :lolhitting

Beckham has a BABIP of .214. I can see why he does because he makes a lot of contact. But having a BABIP about 85 points under league average is not going to last forever. It's going to start going up soon and you'll see Gordon do much better.

So it looks like he's finally got it going now and knows what he's doing. I fully expect him to contribute offensively to this team for the rest of the season. Well, at least contribute more than Josh Fields.

On defense, his UZR is a -0.6. Over a 150 game span, it's -5.9. Fields' was UZR/150 was in the -13 range. So Gordon's been twice as good as Fields defensively.

The combination of Betemit and Fields had a combined UZR of -8.8. That's almost an entire win-share. So defense alone at third with both Fields and Betemit has caused the Sox to lose one game, although I'm pretty sure it was more. Because if Wilson Betemit played a full season at 3B for the Sox this year, he would have cost us 94 runs.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (Lemon_44 @ Jun 22, 2009 -> 10:05 AM)

They couldnt be more different hitters, a pretty bad comparison IMO.

QUOTE (Lemon_44 @ Jun 22, 2009 -> 11:05 AM)

If this comparison was to improve, it might be called a stretch.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 22, 2009 -> 10:19 AM)
You actually have him in a fantasy league...?

:unsure:

When he was called up, I picked him up in my AL Only league. I don't think I would pick him up in mixed leagues yet.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 22, 2009 -> 10:26 AM)
When he was called up, I picked him up in my AL Only league. I don't think I would pick him up in mixed leagues yet.

i'm getting close though, especially in a keeper league.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 22, 2009 -> 11:19 AM)
You actually have him in a fantasy league...?

:unsure:

I have him as a backup. Zobrist is starting at SS and Wright is at 3b. So, anytime they're off i can just plug Beckham in and be a White Sox fanboy. I dropped Theriot for him too, so that's a White Sox Winner. Beckham's only going to get better as the year goes on.

i'm getting close though, especially in a keeper league.

You should've picked Gordon Beckham up as fast as you possibly could in a keeper league.

edit: depending on how many players you are allowed to keep.

Edited by DukeNukeEm

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Jun 22, 2009 -> 11:22 AM)
You should've picked Gordon Beckham up as fast as you possibly could in a keeper league.

edit: depending on how many players you are allowed to keep.

no one has him yet, nor mccutchen. and i already have wieters, manny, braun, fielder, markakis and more... so if a trade i have pending goes through i'll be picking up Beckham to sit on my bench.