37th District State Rep

Controlled Chaos

QUOTE (Tex @ Jan 10, 2010 -> 11:27 PM)
Are you helping him with his campaign? That is great experience.

Not really, we're friends back from grammar school that recently reconnected. We had a few beers recently and shot the s*** a little. Great guy and worked his way up from nothing. I don't live in his district so I can't even vote for him, but it still makes me sick how Chicago politics works.

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Jan 11, 2010 -> 12:45 PM)
Not really, we're friends back from grammar school that recently reconnected. We had a few beers recently and shot the s*** a little. Great guy and worked his way up from nothing. I don't live in his district so I can't even vote for him, but it still makes me sick how Chicago politics works.

Which is why I have a ton of respect for anyone who runs for office. Including SS2k5.

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Jan 11, 2010 -> 12:45 PM)

Glad to see any new blood coming in.

I saw an article recently in Crain's, I wish I could find the link... it highlighted a handful of up and coming, younger (relatively) politicians that are steering clear of opportunities to "move up". Mark Kirk (who has since decided to jump in), Forest Claypool and Lisa Madigan were mentioned, along with a few others. You'd think they'd want to move up, except what happens is, they are so jaded over how bad things are in the upper echelons, that they don't want to go into a job that they'd both fail at AND get their names sullied because they can't function within the machine. That's not good.

The more new people take a crack at things, the better.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 16, 2010 -> 03:50 PM)
Moving this thread to Slam per request (sorry for delayed response, CC)

Thanks. If any of you live in this area, please consider Jeff. Out with the junk and in with Junkas! My slogan, not his...I dunno why. :)

Edited by Controlled Chaos