This weekend could be very ugly

macsandz

It shouldn't be ugly but you are right, it could be. The Royals still suck. Texas handled them 3 of 4 without breaking a sweat in KC. Sox should easily sweep and Detroit should lose 2 of 3. That's what SHOULD happen. It probably won't, though. KC will win 2 of 3 or all 3 and Detroit will win 2 or 3.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 7, 2012 -> 11:41 PM)
The two most likely posters in this type of thread

I didn't start it, just gave my honest assessment. We should easily sweep at this stage of the season. Sox should be alert, realizing they always faceplant vs. lowly KC. We should pick up 2 games on Detroit minimum. There's no reason in the world to not easily take 2 and likely take 3.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 7, 2012 -> 05:43 PM)
I didn't start it, just gave my honest assessment. We should easily sweep at this stage of the season. Sox should be alert, realizing they always faceplant vs. lowly KC. We should pick up 2 games on Detroit minimum. There's no reason in the world to not easily take 2 and likely take 3.

greg, you say a variation of this every week, if the Sox win or lose

You can't deny the Sox have been horses*** vs. KC and there's no logical reason for the season series record vs KC to not be reversed right now. I'm just saying Sox should easily sweep and Detroit should lose 2 of 3. if that happened, we'd be loving life at 3 games up entering the Detroit series. We'd only have to win one vs. Detroit to be up in the standings after the Tigers leave town.

If things continue the way they have been vs. Det and KC, the reality is we probably only win one vs KC and one vs. Detroit which won't be good.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 7, 2012 -> 06:19 PM)
You can't deny the Sox have been horses*** vs. KC and there's no logical reason for the season series record vs KC to not be reversed right now. I'm just saying Sox should easily sweep and Detroit should lose 2 of 3. if that happened, we'd be loving life at 3 games up entering the Detroit series. We'd only have to win one vs. Detroit to be up in the standings after the Tigers leave town.

When did I deny it? The difference is, I don't whine about it all the time

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 02:37 AM)

Y'all ready for this s***? Cause it's the yearly thread and f*** all this lying around.

Greg: Let it go. War's over, man. Verlander dropped the big one.

Quin: What? Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Heat bombed Pearl Harbor and almost beat the Sox in the World Series? Hell no!

Balta: [to SS2k5] Heat?

SS2k5: Forget it, he's rolling.

Quin: And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough...The tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!

Caulfield: You know that that phrase was coined by Joseph P. Kennedy, John F. Kennedy's father. Interesting factoid about that...[goes on for five paragraphs about the Kennedy family and how their policies effected China.]

[Quin runs out, alone; then returns]

Quin: What the f*** happened to the SoxTalk I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? This could be the greatest night of our lives, but you're gonna let it be the worst. "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Quin, we might get in trouble." Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Verlander, he's a dead man! Cabrera, dead! Fielder...

J4L: Dead! Also, one fat motherf***er. Quin's right. Psychotic... but absolutely right. We gotta take these bastards. Now we could do it with conventional weapons, but that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all in. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part!

Jason: We're just the guys to do it.

Kyyle: [stands up] Yeah, I agree. Let's go get 'em.

SoxAce: Let's do it.

Quin: [shouting] "Let's do it"!

The above was a parody and in no way meant to be taken seriously.

IN THIS CORNER

AT 2-1 WITH A 3.91 ERA, THE PIMP WITH THE SCREWBALL

HECTOOOOOOR SANTIAAAAAGOOOO

Chicago-White-Sox-rookie-closer-Hector-S

And in this corner, some dude from the Twins.

628x471.jpg

Man, I never heard of him before, but f*** that guy.

SOX FELL TO THE LEAGUE LEADERS IN WEIGHT LAST GAME. IT WAS s***. THIS WEEKEND WAS s***.

BUT WHO GIVES A f***? SO WAS THE ROYALS SERIES THEN THEY KICKED THE YANKEES COLLECTIVELY OVERPAID ASSES.

SO, WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN? ARE THEY GONNA LIE DOWN AND LET THE SEASON BE OVER?

HELL f***ING NO.

ARE THEY ABOUT TO MAKE A PUSH TO GLORY?

YES.

BECAUSE f*** ALL THE HATERS.

THIS.

IS.

WHITE SOX.

BASEBALL.

AND NOW, FOR YOUR CHICAGO WHITE SOX.

(Play the following to videos at the same time, scroll to 0:28 for the second video).

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Sep 7, 2012 -> 05:32 PM)
Playing the Royals.

Frankie-free pass pitching.

Another spot starter on Sunday.

No Dunn.

No Youk.

Seriously, Sox could fall out of 1st very easily.

Or they could sweep the lowly Royals while the Angels sweep the Tigers in California.

Or something in between.

It would be pretty cool for the Sox to go into the four game series with Detroit Monday with a four game lead.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Sep 7, 2012 -> 06:59 PM)
Or they could sweep the lowly Royals while the Angels sweep the Tigers in California.

Or something in between.

It would be pretty cool for the Sox to go into the four game series with Detroit Monday with a four game lead.

Uh, ...no.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 7, 2012 -> 04:37 PM)
It shouldn't be ugly but you are right, it could be. The Royals still suck. Texas handled them 3 of 4 without breaking a sweat in KC. Sox should easily sweep and Detroit should lose 2 of 3. That's what SHOULD happen. It probably won't, though. KC will win 2 of 3 or all 3 and Detroit will win 2 or 3.

NOooo, not those best record in the AL Rangers.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 8, 2012 -> 03:48 AM)
NOooo, not those best record in the AL Rangers.

The point is if you have a halfway decent team you take 2-3 from KC without much sweat at all, because KC's starting pitching is a joke and their lineup is a joke except for a couple hitters. If you have a good team, you win 3-4 without much sweat. Sox simply cannot beat KC.

f*** the Royals and f*** our efforts against them. In 2006 with Freddy on the mound I convinced myself to look forward to Halfway to St. Patrick's Day games (we won that year in spectacular fashion IIRC) and have been severely disappointed since then. Decent comeback effort but not enough. Let's Go Angels in the Outfield of Los Angeles. plz thx.