How much $$ will we get for Dunn when we inevitably trade hi

Vance Law

How much money will we get back when we trade Dunn?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Dunn will be playing for a different team at some point this season (barring injury) how much $ will we get back?

• $8 million - $15 million
    • $7 million
    • $6 million
    • $5 million
    • $4 million
    • $3 million
    • $2 million
    • $1 million
    • less than $1 million

I have always understood Dunn to offer some value as a platoon against RHP. I'm beginning to doubt that and I think Jordan Danks offers way more this season as a left handed bat with some pop, a much better average, plus defense, and decent speed. I'm so tired of seeing Dunn get AB's just because of his contract. Not worth it and I think he's actually going to become less valuable as the season goes along, but that's just a hunch based on how frustrated and lost he looks hacking at pitches in ST already. His bat speed looks slower than ever.

I say we will make the mistake of keeping him around half the season and be forced to eat all of the remaining $ whether he is traded or DFA'd.

Edited by DashFan

QUOTE (DashFan @ Mar 23, 2014 -> 02:57 PM)
I have always understood Dunn to offer some value as a platoon against RHP. I'm beginning to doubt that and I think Jordan Danks offers way more this season as a left handed bat with some pop, a much better average, plus defense, and decent speed. I'm so tired of seeing Dunn get AB's just because of his contract. Not worth it and I think he's actually going to become less valuable as the season goes along, but that's just a hunch based on how frustrated and lost he looks hacking at pitches in ST already. His bat speed looks slower than ever.

I say we will make the mistake of keeping him around half the season and be forced to eat all of the remaining $ whether he is traded or DFA'd.

He does look pretty terrible this spring. Worse than the last 3

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Mar 23, 2014 -> 06:36 PM)
That is what's inevitable. If we trade him, we're paying almost 100% of his salary.

I'm agreeing. Holding out tiny hope that he'll be tradeable for SOMEthing, and dreaming of a Dempster-like classy move that I know is the longest of shots. The nonstop ugliness could conceivably drive him into thinking that $45M or so was a big enough theft, and that he'd done enough damage to the franchise already, but certainly not expecting it.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Mar 23, 2014 -> 07:52 PM)
I'm agreeing. Holding out tiny hope that he'll be tradeable for SOMEthing, and dreaming of a Dempster-like classy move that I know is the longest of shots. The nonstop ugliness could conceivably drive him into thinking that $45M or so was a big enough theft, and that he'd done enough damage to the franchise already, but certainly not expecting it.

What if we all held hands and prayed, would that help?

So tired of watching the patheticism of that oversized blob, that I would be happy to exchange him for a bowl of cornflakes. Soooooooooooo cannot see the logic in keeping a human funeral parlor with arms and legs clogging up a key position in a batting lineup only to watch him fail sooo miserably day in and day out. Hey Reinsdorf! Put the pride aside. Eat the contract and put someone in his spot that can at least put the bat on the ball. Lets face it. The guy sucks. Granted......I still don't think we have enough pitching that will take us over the top., But one thing for sure........is keeping Dunn at all (or even in the middle of the lineup) is the one DOOM that we have in the offense.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Mar 23, 2014 -> 08:52 PM)

You're thinking he can't put up the numbers he did last year?

QUOTE (Rooftop Shots @ Mar 23, 2014 -> 08:56 PM)
So tired of watching the patheticism of that oversized blob, that I would be happy to exchange him for a bowl of cornflakes. Soooooooooooo cannot see the logic in keeping a human funeral parlor with arms and legs clogging up a key position in a batting lineup only to watch him fail sooo miserably day in and day out. Hey Reinsdorf! Put the pride aside. Eat the contract and put someone in his spot that can at least put the bat on the ball. Lets face it. The guy sucks. Granted......I still don't think we have enough pitching that will take us over the top., But one thing for sure........is keeping Dunn at all (or even in the middle of the lineup) is the one DOOM that we have in the offense.

Big Papi got a one year for 15 mil. Papi has been solid as a dh for many years . DUNN has contributed nothing . It surprises me that he still accepts money for what he doesn't do. Wish we had what THE BIG HURT had in his contract "the diminishing skills clause". I know they ruled that not legal. But that clause would sure be appropriate for Dunn.

Edited by sammy esposito

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Mar 23, 2014 -> 07:37 PM)
What if we all held hands and prayed, would that help?

Sure, let's do it. And I'm willing to hold candlelight vigils nightly.

QUOTE (Vance Law @ Mar 23, 2014 -> 08:05 PM)
You're thinking he can't put up the numbers he did last year?

No idea. His lack of confidence is understandable but bodes poorly.

Edited by Stan Bahnsen

QUOTE (sammy esposito @ Mar 23, 2014 -> 09:14 PM)
Big Papi got a one year for 15 mil. Papi has been solid as a dh for many years . DUNN has contributed nothing . It surprises me that he still accepts money for what he doesn't do. Wish we had what THE BIG HURT had in his contract "the diminishing skills clause". I know they ruled that not legal. But that clause would sure be appropriate for Dunn.

Even if he did have a diminished skills clause in the contract, the team would still have to pay him. All that clause did was allow the team to defer the money. After Reinsdorf invoked the clause, he and Frank agreed to rip up the contract and write a new one.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Mar 24, 2014 -> 08:54 AM)
Even if he did have a diminished skills clause in the contract, the team would still have to pay him. All that clause did was allow the team to defer the money. After Reinsdorf invoked the clause, he and Frank agreed to rip up the contract and write a new one.

I don't believe that is right. I think it allowed Frank to opt out.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Mar 24, 2014 -> 09:23 AM)
Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS 5m

astros open to acquiring a 1B via trade. for now they have krauss/guzman possible platoon. dh chris carter also 1b option.

Let's trade Dunn to the Astros

If there is one team that he's a good fit for right now, the Astros are it. He gets to play at home, and the fans get to see some homers.

But the money....it's always the money.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Mar 24, 2014 -> 09:23 AM)
Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS 5m

astros open to acquiring a 1B via trade. for now they have krauss/guzman possible platoon. dh chris carter also 1b option.

Let's trade Dunn to the Astros

They have Adam Dunn at a fraction of the price in Chris Carter.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Mar 24, 2014 -> 06:21 AM)
I predict 8 million.

Oh wait, I thought the question was how many stupid threads about Dunn are going to appear on Soxtalk before the trade deadline.

Well played, sir.