7/16/16 Sox @ Angels Shields vs Shoemaker

Condor13

QUOTE (soxfan85 @ Jul 17, 2016 -> 02:14 AM)
I think the aura of the White Sox offense would even make Mike Trout suck if he ever put on a White Sox uniform. When is the last time this team scored a damn run?

28 innings (corrected)

Edited by elrockinMT

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 09:14 PM)
They will lose if they sell. For maybe a long time. Trading Sale doesnt = winning baseball

I know, trading Sale is a scary proposition and I don't disagree with your general sentiments. But wasting Sale's remaining years and having nothing to show for it is even more terrifying IMO and a real possibly.

Anyways, I don't want to derail a game thread with rebuilding talk. Let's score some f***ing runs.

QUOTE (soxfan85 @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 10:14 PM)
I think the aura of the White Sox offense would even make Mike Trout suck if he ever put on a White Sox uniform. When is the last time this team scored a damn run?

28 innings ago and counting

QUOTE (Footlongcomiskeydog @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 09:18 PM)
Morneau was struggling in Charlotte and Birmingham. What made the Sox brass think he was ready to come up?

Dude, he's hit 2 lasers tonight right at people. Are you even watching the game?

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 09:14 PM)
They will lose if they sell. For maybe a long time. Trading Sale doesnt = winning baseball. Really trading anyone on the roster doesnt equate to more wins. Not in the near future and potentially long term future.

Sox havent been winning much with sale on the team. Its not sales fault its not putting a good product around him. The question is when you get to a point if you aren't going to win with sale do you let him walk and get nothing back or better off trading him to get sime that may help.

Edited by WhiteSoxLifer

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 09:17 PM)
They're already f***ing losing. What's it matter?! No playoff appearance since 2008. I agree this doesn't equate to more wins but stock piling young talent maybe more beneficial than this s***.

So here's the question and this is for everyoen who wants to sell. This management cant build a roster. But you want to give them the keys to a full rebuild? Or is your objective to get them to move?

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 09:20 PM)
So here's the question and this is for everyoen who wants to sell. This management cant build a roster. But you want to give them the keys to a full rebuild? Or is your objective to get them to move?

I don't think we have much choice. JR won't fire anyone. This group isn't getting it done. Better to try and rebuild than waste years of Sale, Q, etc and have nothing to show for it.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 17, 2016 -> 02:20 AM)

Hahn needs to get fired after this year. Just can't build a winning team or build up the farm system.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 09:23 PM)
Hahn needs to get fired after this year. Just can't build a winning team or build up the farm system.

Hard to build a farm system when you have to trade all of your assets for decent major league players.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 17, 2016 -> 03:24 AM)
Hard to build a farm system when you have to trade all of your assets for decent major league players.

And they keep having to trade for guys because they miss on nearly all of their free agent signees.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 09:22 PM)
I don't think we have much choice. JR won't fire anyone. This group isn't getting it done. Better to try and rebuild than waste years of Sale, Q, etc and have nothing to show for it.

Except there is a choice. Dont do it. Your better off milling around in the middle than letting Rick Hahn/Kenny Williams trade any of the high profile guys. You dont trust their scouting fine I get it. But you cant have it both ways and then let them try and scout minor league players for potentially the most important trade in franchise history.

Anaheim is the new Oakland . Cy Santiago and Cy Shoemaker. 2 1/2 game stretch of scoreless baseball is so exciting. So now that Shields is pitching fairly decently the last 4 outings giving more hope going froward the offense drains that hope away.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 09:27 PM)
Shields doing great at least

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 09:27 PM)
James Shields pitching himself a nice game.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 09:27 PM)
Shields is pitching really well at least.

Hahn was given a crap of a team and minors to deal with and still has to go through the former gm of the team and a aging owner who probably cant live to see a rebuild. Hahn is stuck in a rock and hard place

I think Hahn has done his job really well given the constraints he has to work under and to say that he can't build a farm is a joke, the Sox have drafted consistently well since he took over and their LA program is starting to turn out players.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 09:25 PM)
And they keep having to trade for guys because they miss on nearly all of their free agent signees.

Because the sox have a owner whos making money anf limits how much a payroll they have