7/16/16 Sox @ Angels Shields vs Shoemaker

Condor13

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Jul 17, 2016 -> 03:28 AM)
I think Hahn has done his job really well given the constraints he has to work under and to say that he can't build a farm is a joke, the Sox have drafted consistently well since he took over and their LA program is starting to turn out players.

The farm system is bottom ten for sure

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 09:26 PM)
Except there is a choice. Dont do it. Your better off milling around in the middle than letting Rick Hahn/Kenny Williams trade any of the high profile guys. You dont trust their scouting fine I get it. But you cant have it both ways and then let them try and scout minor league players for potentially the most important trade in franchise history.

What I don't want is it to be 2020 and Sales about to leave and we've don't nothing but suck and then not get anything for him. Same goes for Q. Sell high on these guys and with those two you should get two young MLB ready impact players, plus a bunch of A prospects and some B. Then you can still move the other guys. I don't trust Hahn very much but I'm sick of seeing this s***. I'd rather suck and have some awesome young prospects coming through the system and knowing at least there's a long term future ahead.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 17, 2016 -> 03:32 AM)
The franchise has also turned out guys like Rodon and Anderson who aren't in the farm system anymore.

And it was still a mediocre farm system with those guys there. It's been a top-heavy top ten for a few years now

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 09:31 PM)
I can't even get annoyed when Trout makes a great play. Dude's the next Mantle.

He is Mantle. It's too bad the unbalanced schedule exists. There is so much talent out west that doesn't get appreciated or talked about enough.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 09:30 PM)
The farm system is bottom ten for sure

Bottom five more likely. If Fulmer loses his eligibility, Collins is the only possible top 100 prospect. I do think the system is on the upswing as we're finally producing some Latin prospects and the current draft class looks promising. But there are a ton of guys in full season ball having tough years and very few having having breakouts.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 09:34 PM)
And it was still a mediocre farm system with those guys there. It's been a top-heavy top ten for a few years now

Rodon never really registered with the farm system. He was barely there. If the Sox had done the traditional thing of having these guys put up huge numbers at low levels, the rankings would have loved them.

Instead they are actual major leaguers, which is better than ranked minor leaguers.