7/16/16 Sox @ Angels Shields vs Shoemaker

Condor13

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 17, 2016 -> 04:33 AM)
All but two of the strikeouts on splitters I believe. Can't believe anyone thinks this team can outlast Boston, Houston and Toronto

What are they ... five games back? Time to get real. I know you are realistic but cmon optimists. Five games might as well be 10 with a sub-standard team like the Sox. Hope we have a good April again next year then build on it.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now watching the post game show. Frazier has a .143 batting average with runners in scoring position and Abreu ,259. Too many strikeouts and no long balls but the hitters are swinging at everything.

Edited by elrockinMT

I'll repeat again....so everyone is mad with the team Rick Hahn assembled. But you want him to make the most important trade in franchise history. One that may decide if we are competitive in five years or go 20 years without winning. Do I have that right?

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 17, 2016 -> 04:34 AM)
Nice to see a complete meltdown going on in the game thread

Three shutouts in a row for the first time since 1968 when the mound was low will do that to ya.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 10:30 PM)
If true, thats another reason Robin should be fired. And Steverson should go with him.

No one in this organization is getting fired. Sox brass are afraid of setting off a domino effect that could happen by firing Sterverson. The problems on this Sox team run much deeper than the hitting coach.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 10:33 PM)
I'm becoming more open to selling, but if we're gonna do it, we have to do it right. No half-assing it. I mean trading Sale, Quintana, Abreu, Frazier, everyone 27 and over basically. I feel like if we sold, we'd keep one of Sale/Q and keep us perpetually average

I agree. This is what I want. They can wait to move Sale and Q til the offseason if they can't get what they want.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 10:33 PM)
Wow based on 1 game. Way to go for crackpot analysis.

So you think that Morneau will be better in future games?

Why do you think that? Are you just incurably optimistic?

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 10:37 PM)
100% sell mode on everyone but Sale and rookies.

I really believe you have to give serious thought to trading Sale & Q. Being competitive seems quite a bit far off for the White Sox. They stink. It is time to rip this thing COMPLETELY apart.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 10:39 PM)
Cabrera, Robertson, Frazier, Duke and Shields should be the main guys on the market.

But if we do move those guys and keep Sale/Q etc. then we're doing one of those bulls*** "it's not rebuilding, it's retooling!! :)" things that will end up with us being .500. We need to commit to something, selling or buying, and go all in on that one thing. I'm tired of our front office's noncommittal attitude.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 10:42 PM)
That's awesome, it was sickening tonight. They don't make a single adjustment during a game

I didn't want to watch til later to see if Fulmer was pitching. He didn't. Good to see Shields rolling though. What else is new? This team just sucks.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 10:36 PM)
Three shutouts in a row for the first time since 1968 when the mound was low will do that to ya.

And sadly, Shields takes two of those losses when he finally starts pitching well

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 17, 2016 -> 04:42 AM)
But if we do move those guys and keep Sale/Q etc. then we're doing one of those bulls*** "it's not rebuilding, it's retooling!! :)" things that will end up with us being .500. We need to commit to something, selling or buying, and go all in on that one thing. I'm tired of our front office's noncommittal attitude.

None of those players are core guys and for the most part can be easily replaced.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 10:42 PM)

That's what I want. A f***ING DIRECTION! I feel like this team doesn't have one.

I mean if your going to do a rebuild you need to do it right. They have to fire atleast Rick Hahn. Get a whole new scouting staff/GM in here. Then that's when you trade players. After they've done their work.

You dont trade them when this front office has very questionable scouting going on clearly. Getting the Sale trade wrong could definitely cause this team to move. That's how serious it is. It sets them up for 5+ years down the line.

But do any of you actually think they are going to give up on this season? Robin's job is on the line. Maybe Rick Hahn's. You think they are going to stop fighting? They might as well pack their bags if they trade Q. They are going to get fired if that's their plan. Hell I bet JR fires Hahn before he could even make a trade of that magnitude.

Edited by Baron