7/17 Game Thread: @ Anaheim, 2:35pm, WGN

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jul 17, 2016 -> 04:19 PM)
He just missed it. He never gets in power in his swings though.

Shuck is actually decent. I don't mind him being our centerfielder. Would much rather have him in the lineup than Avi.

Edited by Scoots

QUOTE (Scoots @ Jul 17, 2016 -> 02:24 PM)
Serious question. I've been a Sox fan since '04 and I still don't know why Hawk says "can of corn" for easy flyballs. Anyone know why he says it/what it means?

Back in the day, when you needed to get a can of corn down from the top shelf at the local grocery store the owner/employee would knock the can down with a wooden pole and catch it in his apron as it fell.

Edited by South Side Fireworks Man

QUOTE (Scoots @ Jul 17, 2016 -> 03:21 PM)
Shuck is actually decent. I don't mind him being our centerfielder. Would much rather have him in the lineup than Avi.

I think that the consistent ineptitude of the organization has caused people to see red with every player.

Shuck has had his down moments but he's a 4th outfielder starting, it is what it is. He also gives effort and battles. That's more than I can say for some other players who give away ABs with laziness.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 17, 2016 -> 04:27 PM)
Back in the day, when you needed to get a can of corn down from the top shelf at the local grocery store the owner/employee would knock the can down with a wooden pole and catch it in his apron as it fell.

Interesting, good to know. Thanks!