7/17 Game Thread: @ Anaheim, 2:35pm, WGN

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tony @ Jul 17, 2016 -> 04:14 PM)
No one in this organization, top to bottom deserves a pass or should be credited with being "a good baseball man"

What have they done to deserve that praise? Everyone has been here for years (#ClassicJerry) so none of this is new.

Robin? Kenny? Rick? Bell? In all 4 cases, they have had an extended run with this franchise, and their track record speaks for itself. NO ONE deserves any sort of benefit of the doubt. Not with 1 playoff appearance(a very short playoff appearance) in 10 years.

This is a spot on post. Each individual listed above deserves to be fired. Professional sports is a cut throat business and the people Jerry has chosen do not have what it takes to do the job. I'll always be thankful to KW for 2005, but things change and only failures live in the past.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 17, 2016 -> 04:10 PM)
I am not going to argue with folks with closed minds or those who can't appreciate how hard this game is. It's one thing to complain or be upsett, I get that we all are, but be realistic about our options. I like all you guys but negative thoughts and comments and the constant bit**ing does nothing but promote more negativity

Ya know what promotes negativity? Getting your asses kicked by the Braves and Angels. Most of us, particularly me, bring up selling because it's constructive debate. Something to talk about rather than constant losing, s***ty coaching staff and a terrible front office.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Jul 17, 2016 -> 04:44 PM)
And what we have now is a disaster as well.

The team created a mirage for us at the beginning of the year, but this last week is beer league baseball.

No, you don't understand.

Both Dave Dombrowski and Tony La Russa were fired by Hawk. That should be all you need to know.

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Jul 17, 2016 -> 04:46 PM)
No, you don't understand.

Both Dave Dombrowski and Tony La Russa were fired by Hawk. That should be all you need to know.

And what was wrong with that?

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Jul 17, 2016 -> 04:08 PM)
That's not true at all. The team did not enter 2013 claiming it was a rebuilding year. The Sox had just come off being in first place for most of the 2012 season, so there was no such talk about rebuilding right after that. Then the first three to four months of that wretched 2013 happened, and that's when they started unloading veterans like Peavy and Rios, midway through that year.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Jul 17, 2016 -> 04:10 PM)
How'd that rebuild go, btw? What did they actually rebuild during those two years?

Way to contradict yourself within a single post :lol: