7/17 Game Thread: @ Anaheim, 2:35pm, WGN

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 17, 2016 -> 08:50 PM)
They cant sell. It's definitely the end of Robin's tenure if you do that. He might as well pack his bags now and get ready to move. Hahn more than likely doesnt have authorization to do that/he would probably get fired before even doing it and ontop of it it's half assed. If your going to sell do it all the way.

Of course Ventura is done here after this season. Standing still just for the sake of how it looks is ridiculous. Of course, I think minds might change a bit if they are 8 out and behind 4 teams in the WC in 2 weeks

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 17, 2016 -> 03:52 PM)
Of course Ventura is done here after this season. Standing still just for the sake of how it looks is ridiculous. Of course, I think minds might change a bit if they are 8 out and behind 4 teams in the WC in 2 weeks

Minds may change but someone is going to be held responsible for this. You cant keep saying "Next year...next year...whoops we screwed up time to start over" and keep your job. It's not happening.

Let's just put the Bulls into perspective here since they were in this position. They had the chance to start over again. They could have taken a huge risk and traded Jimmy Butler to either the Celtics or Timberwolves. But they didnt because guess who stepped in?

We've already played the intentionally losing game. You think they will be allowed to start again?

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 17, 2016 -> 08:55 PM)
Minds may change but someone is going to be held responsible for this. You cant keep saying "Next year...next year...whoops we screwed up time to start over" and keep your job. It's not happening.

Let's just put the Bulls into perspective here since they were in this position. They had the chance to start over again. They could have taken a huge risk and traded Jimmy Butler to either the Celtics or Timberwolves. But they didnt because guess who stepped in?

We've already played the intentionally losing game. You think they will be allowed to start again?

What you are describing is baseball hell and something that will set the Sox back more than selling would. When you have very few trade chips and an average payroll with not much coming off after the year, you are in a terrible spot.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 17, 2016 -> 08:54 PM)
Hahn is the worst GM the Sox ever had. I don't want him selling anybody. Best thing they can do is go out and spend money to buy some players with big contracts to plug some holes.

I'm surprised by how many fans Hahn has on here. I understand he has some unusual constraints, but why not find someone who can do better given those constraints?

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 17, 2016 -> 03:57 PM)
What you are describing is baseball hell and something that will set the Sox back more than selling would. When you have very few trade chips and an average payroll with not much coming off after the year, you are in a terrible spot.

They will be in baseball hell if Hahn and his staff are allowed to sell off pieces. I have zero faith that they can actually scout correctly. I'd rather sit here and watch them rot in mediocrity than let them tear it down and wallow in misery for decades.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 17, 2016 -> 09:58 PM)
I'm surprised by how many fans Hahn has on here. I understand he has some unusual constraints, but why not find someone who can do better given those constraints?

Hahn is a good solid baseball man. He is not the problem

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 17, 2016 -> 03:00 PM)
They will be in baseball hell if Hahn and his staff are allowed to sell off pieces. I have zero faith that they can actually scout correctly. I'd rather sit here and watch them rot in mediocrity than let them tear it down and wallow in misery for decades.

We're your mediocre, but low-cost option for MLB baseball in Chicago!!

Great...that will put attendance at 18-20000 per game next year. Indians for sure will outdraw us. Tight battle with A's and Rays for last.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 17, 2016 -> 04:02 PM)
Hahn is a good solid baseball man. He is not the problem

No? Who is then? Reinsdorf? Williams? Both? Neither, it's the players? Who or what is the problem with the state of our Sox?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 17, 2016 -> 04:05 PM)
The first two of which Kenny Williams even used the term "rebuilding" to describe.

That's not true at all. The team did not enter 2013 claiming it was a rebuilding year. The Sox had just come off being in first place for most of the 2012 season, so there was no such talk about rebuilding right after that. Then the first three to four months of that wretched 2013 happened, and that's when they started unloading veterans like Peavy and Rios, midway through that year.

I am not going to argue with folks with closed minds or those who can't appreciate how hard this game is. It's one thing to complain or be upsett, I get that we all are, but be realistic about our options. I like all you guys but negative thoughts and comments and the constant bit**ing does nothing but promote more negativity

Edited by elrockinMT