Chris Sale to Astros potential package?

Jose Abreu

QUOTE (shipps @ Jul 18, 2016 -> 03:41 PM)
Fulmer, yes. Eaton, I dont have to consider him part of "the core". I am not downplaying Eaton but he isnt untouchable in any way as far as I am concerned.

I dont know, if this is the player Eaton is (4-5 win player) in RF, I think he stays pretty untouchable for the near future. If you got an offer that blows your Sox off, then maybe you consider in, but he's been a great leadoff hitter for us and he plays elite defense. Both of those are things this organization has sorely lacked.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 18, 2016 -> 03:46 PM)
Hahn gets fired before he can even make the final trade call for Sale

which would be a joke unless KW is walking out the door with him...JR won't do s***.

As for any Sale trade...just do it and let's move on. If you get a slew of top prospects...it's a no-brainer.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jul 18, 2016 -> 07:32 PM)
which would be a joke unless KW is walking out the door with him...JR won't do s***.

As for any Sale trade...just do it and let's move on. If you get a slew of top prospects...it's a no-brainer.

Oh they would do it.

Trading Chris Sale is tricky because the compensation you need to get really needs to blow people away. Anything less and your going to be heavily criticized. Atleast with Q there's a limit you could see.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 18, 2016 -> 06:54 PM)
Oh they would do it.

Trading Chris Sale is tricky because the compensation you need to get really needs to blow people away. Anything less and your going to be heavily criticized. Atleast with Q there's a limit you could see.

It's just hard finding a team that would give a kings ransom.

Edited by SouthSideSale

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 18, 2016 -> 11:52 AM)
Bregman, Springer and Martes

That would be more than fair, but the Astros aren't letting Springer go. And I wouldn't either.

Altuve-Springer-Correa is the best young trio of hitters in the AL.

I don't know if the Astros have enough after Bregman. McCullers doesn't really profile top of the rotation. Reed is hyped. I haven't checked their farm, but at least last year they probably had 10-15 B+ prospects in their org. That's not what you want as a center for Sale, but they would buy other players.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 19, 2016 -> 05:20 PM)
That would be more than fair, but the Astros aren't letting Springer go. And I wouldn't either.

Altuve-Springer-Correa is the best young trio of hitters in the AL.

I don't know if the Astros have enough after Bregman. McCullers doesn't really profile top of the rotation. Reed is hyped. I haven't checked their farm, but at least last year they probably had 10-15 B+ prospects in their org. That's not what you want as a center for Sale, but they would buy other players.

How does McCullers not project as a top of the rotation starter?

Just watched Bregman play in person last night. He is quick with the bat and the ball definitely sounds & jumps off his bat differently than most of the other guys playing. Looked super slick fielding at SS. But damn is he young looking.

Also, I see Joey Gallo alot and that dude just sucks IMO. He's a super timid first baseman in that he's kinda scared for his foot during close plays at first. Plus he just swings for the fences every swing- extreme pull, boom or bust type. Chris Carter

Edited by Jerksticks