Abreu and Frazier

AJUribe

Anderson, Melky, and Eaton are the only players that can hit. Abrue brings no energy, frazier hits homers off garbage pitchers but can't put a ball in play off any pitcher of decent quality. Can't win with 2 black holes at 3-4.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (AJUribe @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 10:32 PM)
Anderson, Melky, and Eaton are the only players that can hit. Abrue brings no energy, frazier hits homers off garbage pitchers but can't put a ball in play off any pitcher of decent quality. Can't win with 2 black holes at 3-4.

You call 2-4 with 2 doubles a black hole? Give me that black hole any day of the week.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 10:37 PM)
Where do these meatheads come from... seriously.

I wonder if Giants fans or Rangers fans are this way after they lose games.

I'm becoming convinced that the Ron guy who started the first 3 anti-Abreu threads has multiple accounts, and is posting them every day ;) :lol:

QUOTE (Dam8610 @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 09:33 PM)
You call 2-4 with 2 doubles a black hole? Give me that black hole any day of the week.

He couldn't lay down a bunt in the 9th inning though in a situation that would have led to a tied game. Either he is incompetent or Robin was just an idiot. Regardless, something gotta change.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 10:43 PM)
He couldn't lay down a bunt in the 9th inning though in a situation that would have led to a tied game. Either he is incompetent or Robin was just an idiot. Regardless, something gotta change.

I don't think there's a single prototypical big power guy who can lay down a bunt. You don't see Stanton, Encarnacion, Ortiz, Harper, etc. bunting. I'm total anti-bunt so I don't really care, but it is a little annoying that professional baseball players can't perform one of the most basic tasks in the game.

Lmao Abreu was never ever going to bunt

This might be a new Soxtalk low.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 08:43 PM)

You would be more accurate if you said he didn't hit the ball to the right side which he is pretty good at. His success early in the game pulling Shoemaker's pitches made him try to pull it which was probably bad thinking . Sometimes Abreu is his own worst enemy . He wants to drive in runs and swings at pitchers pitches too often with guys on base. Some times you have to trust your team mates behind you and take a walk when the pitcher gives you nothing good to hit.

I'm also being very kind since no one but you thinks an Abreu bunt should 've been tried there.I'm not sure in all his time with the Sox if he has ever bunted or jokingly squared around to bunt.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 09:09 PM)
For the love of god, sin city sox is a troll. I can't believe some of you guys are wasting your time responding to him.

Well either a troll or a guy who knows nothing about baseball and thinks he does or some really old guy who saw Ted Williams bunt once.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 11:23 PM)
Well either a troll or a guy who knows nothing about baseball and thinks he does or some really old guy who saw Ted Williams bunt once.

He's a troll and honestly not a very good one. I know that term gets thrown around a lot (I'm guilty of doing so myself), but this dude is the most blatant troll I can remember on this site in the 10+ years I've been here.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 10:09 PM)
For the love of god, sin city sox is a troll. I can't believe some of you guys are wasting your time responding to him.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 10:28 PM)
He's a troll and honestly not a very good one. I know that term gets thrown around a lot (I'm guilty of doing so myself), but this dude is the most blatant troll I can remember on this site in the 10+ years I've been here.

You are correct, Sir.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 09:28 PM)

I don't know what purpose being a troll is when it's so blatantly ridiculous unless someone just likes seeing people respond to him or gets a twisted laugh out of it. I mean by definition if I make an argument I really don't believe in or do it to play devils advocate , I am a troll even if my argument makes sense isn't that correct ?

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 11:09 PM)

I'm not familiar with many of the trolls on here but that seems like it. For his sake, I sure as hell hope so.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 11:19 PM)
You would be more accurate if you said he didn't hit the ball to the right side which he is pretty good at. His success early in the game pulling Shoemaker's pitches made him try to pull it which was probably bad thinking . Sometimes Abreu is his own worst enemy . He wants to drive in runs and swings at pitchers pitches too often with guys on base. Some times you have to trust your team mates behind you and take a walk when the pitcher gives you nothing good to hit.

I'm also being very kind since no one but you thinks an Abreu bunt should 've been tried there.I'm not sure in all his time with the Sox if he has ever bunted or jokingly squared around to bunt.

The poor guy feels like he has to do it all by himself. I don't blame him for that.