White Sox vs. Seattle

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jul 20, 2016 -> 01:10 PM)
Might want to look at the box score before you post mate.

I knew the score. Most of my excitement these days comes from watching Tim Anderson hit and pondering in which inning he will hit next. I have no interest in watching Shuck, Navarro, and Saladino hit, and little interest in everyone else other than Cabrera and Morneau.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StrykerSox @ Jul 20, 2016 -> 03:20 PM)
I knew the score. Most of my excitement these days comes from watching Tim Anderson hit and pondering in which inning he will hit next. I have no interest in watching Shuck, Navarro, and Saladino hit, and little interest in everyone else other than Cabrera and Morneau.

That's your right.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 20, 2016 -> 08:17 PM)
Maybe I am just used to White Sox hitters swinging at so many pitches, but it seems to me White Sox pitchers throw a lot more balls than most pitching staffs.

I've been wondering if other teams have so many strikeouts on offspeed pitches in the dirt, compared to Sox hitters. Seems like so many this year.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 20, 2016 -> 01:16 PM)
Don't bother with him. His anti-Saladino, negative agenda knows no bounds

.633 career OPS.

I know, I know, small sample size. Not that Emilio Bonifacio ever got that excuse.

QUOTE (StrykerSox @ Jul 20, 2016 -> 03:30 PM)
.633 career OPS.

I know, I know, small sample size. Not that Emilio Bonifacio ever got that excuse.

Saladino's value comes from his +defense.

Saladino isn't a big bopper but he does have good bat control and can put balls in play.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 20, 2016 -> 03:17 PM)
Maybe I am just used to White Sox hitters swinging at so many pitches, but it seems to me White Sox pitchers throw a lot more balls than most pitching staffs.

White Sox hitters swing at crap pitches and get themselves out.

Abreu is doing this at an alarming rate.

QUOTE (StrykerSox @ Jul 20, 2016 -> 03:30 PM)
.633 career OPS.

I don't get your comparison with Bonifacio and Saladino. Bonifacio was on the decline and is barely playing in the majors anymore, it wasn't like he sucked with us and we got rid of him and now he is in the majors hitting is career average again.

Saladino was a rookie last year and has done pretty well for his scarce playing time.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Jul 20, 2016 -> 03:56 PM)
Abreu needs to sit for a day or two. Can Morneau play the field or is he strictly a DH now?

Give him a couple days off,frazier at 1st,salad at 3rd. He's slumping hard right now.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 20, 2016 -> 01:51 PM)
I don't get your comparison with Bonifacio and Saladino. Bonifacio was on the decline and is barely playing in the majors anymore, it wasn't like he sucked with us and we got rid of him and now he is in the majors hitting is career average again.

Saladino was a rookie last year and has done pretty well for his scarce playing time.

Bonifacio had a .650 OPS as a 29 year old in 2014. His "decline" is better than Tyler's career.

Then he came to us and had 78 crappy at bats. He's had 36 crappie at bats as a Brave. 109 crummy ABs after some pretty good years.

If Tyler, who was not a top prospect and didn't even have great MiLB numbers, gets the small sample size excuse after 350 ABs, then I think EB deserved it after 109 bad ABs.

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Jul 20, 2016 -> 01:58 PM)
He's slumping hard right now.

The eye test has said so but...

.304 / .360 / .435 in last 7 games

.304 / .344 / .411 in last 15

.287 / .344 / .452 in last 30

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 20, 2016 -> 04:02 PM)
The eye test has said so but...

.304 / .360 / .435 in last 7 games

.304 / .344 / .411 in last 15

.287 / .344 / .452 in last 30

The last 7 days line is actually pretty surprising, I knew he was doing better but back to the Atlanta series he has looked pretty lethargic.

Gotta hand it to Miguel Gonzalez and James Shields these last couple of weeks. They might not have the overpowering stuff, but they are getting it down game in, game out.

Edited by Dunt

QUOTE (StrykerSox @ Jul 20, 2016 -> 04:00 PM)
Bonifacio had a .650 OPS as a 29 year old in 2014. His "decline" is better than Tyler's career.

Then he came to us and had 78 crappy at bats. He's had 36 crappie at bats as a Brave. 109 crummy ABs after some pretty good years.

If Tyler, who was not a top prospect and didn't even have great MiLB numbers, gets the small sample size excuse after 350 ABs, then I think EB deserved it after 109 bad ABs.

Yeah in his short short career. 30 MLB teams realized Bonifacio sucked, he was never even that good to begin with. Again, I don't know why you are even comparing Saladino and Bonifacio? Because their OPS is similar? Seems like a stretch.