Dodgers kicking Tires on Q

Chisoxfn

I'd like to trade Sale before Q.

Sale's the ace; but he should bring a lot more...a lot to rejuvenate the team.

Q is signed for one more year and will help while rebuilding and then after rebuilt.

I also like his smooth delivery - looks like he can pitch til he's 35 or 40. A good steady arm while rebuilding.

And then too much drama around Sale.

Edited by GreenSox

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 02:55 PM)

Q is signed for one more year and will help while rebuilding and then after rebuilt.

I also like his smooth delivery - looks like he can pitch til he's 35 or 40. A good steady arm while rebuilding.

I'd rather they trade Sale and keep Q too.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 03:55 PM)

You do make a good point. They need to shop both and then make the call on which deal is better given the contract situation of both pitchers and the production level of each. Ithink it will be tough as both should bring a good return but sale is better than Quintana while quintana is signed for anextra year of control.

Was talking with a Cubs buddy earlier and saying it's absolutely crazy that Pomerez nets a top 20 prospect and Chapman nets a top 30 prospect. Sox better not f*** this up. The market is insane right now for pitching and we have a chance to accelerate our rebuilding efforts exponentially if we make the right deals.

I get really frustrated when it's time for us to sell.

When it was Peavy, that he was 1.5 control we thought it would be such an asset to get more back. Then what did we hear back? "teams were looking for a cheaper option"

When it was Rios "Just a rental, shouldn't expect much back"

I feel like when push comes to shove we'll hear "Too good for the market, teams went after cheaper options"

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 06:44 PM)

When it was Peavy, that he was 1.5 control we thought it would be such an asset to get more back. Then what did we hear back? "teams were looking for a cheaper option"

I feel like when push comes to shove we'll hear "Too good for the market, teams went after cheaper options"

Hahn will find a way to screw it up.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 07:44 PM)

I'm getting a bad feeling the Sox are going to f*** this up. Not sure if I'm just overreacting to the Sale nonsense yesterday or Robertson's horrific 9th today, but I'm not overly optimistic right now. Watching other sellers acting swiftly and getting premium returns isn't helping matters.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 07:46 PM)
Hahn will find a way to screw it up.

I'm trying not to think that way although there's no reason to think he won't. He hasn't done well at all since taking over.

Color me disappointed if he can't get Moncada, Benintendi+ for Quintana

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 04:56 PM)
I'm trying not to think that way although there's no reason to think he won't. He hasn't done well at all since taking over.

Color me disappointed if he can't get Moncada, Benintendi+ for Quintana

Moncada doesn't happen without Sale. I think Q gets you 2 of Benintendi, Kopech and Devers, with some one like Swihart and a mid level guy, which I think would be a fair deal for us.

Edited by Knackattack

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 08:02 PM)
Moncada doesn't happen without Sale. I think Q gets you 2 of Benintendi, Kopech and Devers, with some one like Swihart and a mid level guy, which I think would be a fair deal for us.

What about adding Robertson with Q though? That should max out the deal even more.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 06:08 PM)
What about adding Robertson with Q though? That should max out the deal even more.

I mean maybe adding him gets you all 3 +1-2 of their #10-15 guys but I don't think Moncada is going anywhere unless they get enough starpower to offset the loss of (probably) the best prospect in baseball

Quintana and Robertson should definitely go together though IMO

Edited by Knackattack

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 08:08 PM)

I'm not so sure. I know there's been talk of a mega deal with the Red Sox, but you would think adding in Robertson's contract would hurt Q's value if they were paired together. Part of what makes Q so valuable is not just his skill set but his team-friendly deal.

QUOTE (CWSpalehoseCWS @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 08:53 PM)
I'm not so sure. I know there's been talk of a mega deal with the Red Sox, but you would think adding in Robertson's contract would hurt Q's value if they were paired together. Part of what makes Q so valuable is not just his skill set but his team-friendly deal.

Eh I don't think so really. He's blown some saves surely in awful fashion but he's still a solid closer. Q's value will never be higher. Adding Robertson doesn't hurt that. Just may sweaten it in order to make the package better. I'm sure Rabbit could give some insight on that but that's my opinion.

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 09:02 PM)

If that's the case i really hope we don't trade Q. Those are good players but it's not an overwhelming package at all.

QUOTE (NCsoxfan @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 09:33 PM)
If that's the case i really hope we don't trade Q. Those are good players but it's not an overwhelming package at all.

The sox need to be overwhelmed to trade him. I think DD will blink and move Moncada if that's what will hold it up.

QUOTE (Buehrlesque @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 08:10 PM)
What do people think of Swihart? Now that he's moved off catcher, is he anything more than a run of the mill prospect? Looks like he hits for a decent average, and takes a walk, but has a pretty low slugging pct. and isn't a speed demon.

He's ok but won't have much value at a corner outfield position when he's not great offensively or defensively. At this point he's probably only a slightly better version of Avi Garcia. Although he might be a decent guy to buy low on as a throw in compared to a low A prospect.

Edited by soxforlife05

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 07:44 PM)

No kidding, it's like a collective effort by the league to never need whatever we're selling. Granted, I understand those players aren't tge equivalent of Sale or Quintana; but there are always reasons we never seem to get ahead. I fully expect Hahn to trade a coveted player like Quintana for an awesome package, not only because our future depends on it, but the contract/health/talent of Q in this sellers market should provide NO excuse. None. Not even the, "he's undervalued" card.

If he's here come August 1st Hahn has failed. His best bet is to trade him asap, with the most teams available, before they start looking elsewhere and we're the one's left mired in mediocrity for another season

Why did the Red Sox move Swihart from catcher? I felt like it was because Vazquez was more or a defensive first catcher and still wanted Swihart's bat in the lineup (Red Sox have also had a hole in left field all year thanks to Castillo). Could Swihart still catch on a team with either almost depth (aka: us)?

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 05:56 AM)
Anyone hear the Heyman interview on Mulley & Hanley this morning? My Cubs buddy claims he said that Quintana gets you half of what Sale does. Can anyone verify that? If true, then definitely deal Sale and hold onto Q.

I don't know about all that. Quintana has very good value.