Dodgers kicking Tires on Q

Chisoxfn

I know a lot of you arent convinced by a lot of the Cubs guys but I will take a deal sending Q to the Cubs for Schwarber, Baez, Almora and a couple prospects you like.

The reason why I would take that deal in a second is that I am convinced on those first two guys. They are sure bets IMO. They are both exactly what the Sox need. We will totally miss Q and will probably struggle for a while to find a number two equal to his quality, but damn, Schwarber and Baez would be the heart of our lineup for a long time. Their ability and their attitudes are ideal for this team right now.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (shipps @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 07:55 AM)
I know a lot of you arent convinced by a lot of the Cubs guys but I will take a deal sending Q to the Cubs for Schwarber, Baez, Almora and a couple prospects you like.

The reason why I would take that deal in a second is that I am convinced on those first two guys. They are sure bets IMO. They are both exactly what the Sox need. We will totally miss Q and will probably struggle for a while to find a number two equal to his quality, but damn, Schwarber and Baez would be the heart of our lineup for a long time. Their ability and their attitudes are ideal for this team right now.

Those 2 other prospects would have to be their top pitching prospect and then Jimenez to me personally. I still don't think we trade Quintana or Sale there.

I agree. Baez is the real deal in the middle infield, and Schwarber would be a huge left-handed bat the Sox have needed for years. I just don't see the Sox dealing with the Cubs. There really isn't a reason not to, but it would surprise the hell out of me.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 07:58 AM)
Those 2 other prospects would have to be their top pitching prospect and then Jimenez to me personally. I still don't think we trade Quintana or Sale there.

I wouldnt do that deal for Sale but I would for Quintana. You arent going to trade Q to the Cubs and risk him being a HOF one day. You would be getting exactly what you need and looking at the trade 3 years from now and thinking, damn we won that deal, because Schwarber and Baez will be the centerpieces of your offense and producing huge numbers.

My heart would be absolutely broken to see Chris Sale or Jose Quintana pitch for the Cubs.

Edited by Eminor3rd

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 10:09 AM)
Problem is there's no way the Cubs do that deal.

I am not sure of that. Schwarber is obviously an AL type player and Baez isnt what is considered their core players. I dont have to tell you about Q and his greatness and he would be cost controlled to fill in for Arietta when he leaves for a massive contract.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 10:22 AM)
I am not sure of that. Schwarber is obviously an AL type player and Baez isnt what is considered their core players. I dont have to tell you about Q and his greatness and he would be cost controlled to fill in for Arietta when he leaves for a massive contract.

They wouldn't give up Baez for Tyson Ross last year when he had considerably less value than he does now, and they also don't need a SP, they're pretty well set there through at least the end of 2017. I just don't see how it makes any sense for them to do it right now.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 11:30 AM)
They wouldn't give up Baez for Tyson Ross last year when he had considerably less value than he does now, and they also don't need a SP, they're pretty well set there through at least the end of 2017. I just don't see how it makes any sense for them to do it right now.

We all know pitching wins in October. Cubs have a good staff, but hard to say that Epstein wouldn't covet a Quintana type.

QUOTE (bighurt574 @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 12:25 PM)
Can't see the Cubs doing that deal.

As far as the postseason rotation, Q isn't even that big of an upgrade for them over what they already have.

Yeah. They wouldn't include Schawrber, since we'd be receiving him at his lowest value.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 04:27 PM)
Can't tell if this is sarcasm or not, but...

Dayton Cripe @daycri83 @barstoolWSD got any news for us today?

whitesoxdave ‏@barstoolWSD 26m26 minutes ago Chicago, IL whitesoxdave Retweeted Dayton Cripe

Quintana to Red Sox for moncada ++

Betting anything it's sarcasm because of how much s*** he got involved with by red sox fan blogs for even acknowledging sale/Q would go for more than b level prospects.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 04:27 PM)
Can't tell if this is sarcasm or not, but...

Dayton Cripe @daycri83 @barstoolWSD got any news for us today?

whitesoxdave ‏@barstoolWSD 26m26 minutes ago Chicago, IL whitesoxdave Retweeted Dayton Cripe

Quintana to Red Sox for moncada ++

Some idiot said why would boston give that kinda package for a 41-42 pitchers. Apparently wins and loss are the only thing that matters. Gotta love people insight lol

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 04:40 PM)
Some idiot said why would boston give that kinda package for a 41-42 pitchers. Apparently wins and loss are the only thing that matters. Gotta love people insight lol

Same guy also has on his Twitter that Blue Moon may be the best beer in the world.....sooooooo yeah he knows diddly squat

Oh, s*** Moancada ++ for Q is what I'm liking to hear depending on what the ++ is.

whitesoxdave ‏@barstoolWSD 1h1 hour ago Chicago, IL

Were Red Sox fans as emotionally attached to Anthony Renaudo and Kolbrin Vitec as they are Yoan Moncada?

Haha! We got Ranaudo as well!

QUOTE (Sleepy Harold @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 04:06 PM)
Same guy also has on his Twitter that Blue Moon may be the best beer in the world.....sooooooo yeah he knows diddly squat

What is the best beer these days?

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 05:55 PM)
What is the best beer these days?

Beer Advocate 2015 World Beer Awards Varies no matter where you look but these are a nice jumping off point, personally I'm a big fan of Revolution and their products. But yes, Keystone Light was my college go to so it holds a special place in my heart.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 05:36 PM)
Oh, s*** Moancada ++ for Q is what I'm liking to hear depending on what the ++ is.

whitesoxdave ‏@barstoolWSD 1h1 hour ago Chicago, IL

Were Red Sox fans as emotionally attached to Anthony Renaudo and Kolbrin Vitec as they are Yoan Moncada?

Haha! We got Ranaudo as well!

Make one of those +'s Benintendi and I really start to like the idea.

Edit: Keystone Light is good stuff. :D

Edited by BlackSox13

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 04:35 PM)
trading Sale or Quintana to Cubs and watching either help them win the World Series would be the stupidest thing any Sox management person could do.

not going to happen.

Nor should it.

You need to let that die right now. For the right package, you trade either Sale or Quintana.

The stupidest thing any White Sox management person could do would be to let these guys reach the end of their contracts without moving them first.