White Sox Listening on Sale

Chisoxfn

Why in the world would we trade a hall of fame talent pitcher for mass quantities of garbage or borderline everyday players.

This is my biggest beef with most all these prospects. I want talent proven. Or a player that has a ceiling of .300, 40, 120 (the simple stats). This is why I wish we went to the Cubs and asked for Schwarber, Baez, Soler, and a pitcher. As long as Schwarber can come back from injury his ceiling is what I just stated

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly zero of the NYY prospects that aren't from CLE/CHC hold any appeal to me. They just seem like your run of the mill minor leaguers who are supposedly amazing prospects just because they're in the NY system.

Edited by Jose Abreu

QUOTE (Mattchoo @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 09:59 AM)
Why in the world would we trade a hall of fame talent pitcher for mass quantities of garbage or borderline everyday players.

This is my biggest beef with most all these prospects. I want talent proven. Or a player that has a ceiling of .300, 40, 120 (the simple stats). This is why I wish we went to the Cubs and asked for Schwarber, Baez, Soler, and a pitcher. As long as Schwarber can come back from injury his ceiling is what I just stated

Yeah, this can't be about quantity as much as it needs to be about quality.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 12:02 PM)
Robert Murray ‏@RobertMurrayFRS 18s19 seconds ago

Cody Bellinger and Alex Verdugo not in the Double-A Tulsa Drillers lineup today, for what it's worth. #Dodgers

Jay Bruce deal going down?

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 11:59 AM)
Honestly zero of the NYY prospects that aren't from CLE/CHC hold any appeal to me. They just seem like your run of the mill minor leaguers who are supposedly amazing prospects just because they're in the NY system.

Disagree, I think there is some bias, but Sanchez & Judge are legit top 100 prospects. The other guys I'd want, Frazier, Torres, & Sheffield, aren't even Yankee prospects.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 10:18 AM)
Reds and Dodgers have been rumored heavily the last few days.

See, this is where I get confused...we hear that we're asking for too much when we ask for Urias/Bellinger/Verdugo in a Sale or Q deal...but then you talk about Bellinger and Verdugo for Bruce?

It seems like there is a rapidly diminishing point of returns or something...

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 12:21 PM)
See, this is where I get confused...we hear that we're asking for too much when we ask for Urias/Bellinger/Verdugo in a Sale or Q deal...but then you talk about Bellinger and Verdugo for Bruce?

Honestly, I'm not a minor league prospect geek other than knowing what's going on with our own guys. Just saying I've heard Reds and Dodgers have been working on a Bruce deal.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 10:24 AM)
Honestly, I'm not a minor league prospect geek other than knowing what's going on with our own guys. Just saying I've heard Reds and Dodgers have been working on a Bruce deal.

Yeah, I wasn't necessarily trying to criticize you...more just the rumor mill in general.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 12:17 PM)
Why Bruce, in particular?

FWIW, Bruce is in the Reds lineup for the moment.

IDK. I think it is possible. This deadline has already had some pretty crazy trades with prospect value.

For all we know the Dodgers have offered that to the Sox for either Q/Sale and the Sox still insisted they wanted someone off the MLB roster. If they really are asking for Betts from Boston, it wouldn't surprise me if they asked for Seager from the Dodgers. It sounds like the Sox are asking for everything + the moon in these talks. I agree they should be trying to get overpays, but no one really knows what they are trying to do or the discussions taking place.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 12:21 PM)

Maybe just days off for Verdugo and bellinger but cant be parts for bruce. Those guys are top 100 prospects. There was talk of dodgers with lucroy and also reddick/hill.

Dodgers looking at Archer today. They obviously want a top shelf pitcher. Work out a deal, please.

Sox scouts are apparently at that game. Can't figure out why though.

Keuchel getting rocked today already. Another team who could use a pitcher.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 12:39 PM)
dodgers talking about archer and/or moore from TB, as @jaysonst @Ken_Rosenthal said. not much Sale talk around LAD lately

https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/759805621571059712

If you aren't going to get a quality deal for Sale or Q now, there is no reason to move them. Deal them in the winter when you have more teams in the mix and an extremely weak free agent crop. Getting rid of Duke is a good start and signals they aren't competing next year. So start dumping Jackson, Avila, Navarro, & Morneau for anything you can get now. Dump anyone of Frazier, Gonzalez, Robertson, Shields, Lawrie, Melky, Abreu, & Garcia now if you get a nice return. If not try to deal them in the offseason as well, or in Avi's case do not offer arbitration.