Crosstown Cup Game Thread, Game 1

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 09:06 PM)
TOOOOOODDDD

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 09:06 PM)
Frazier!!!

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 09:06 PM)
FRAZIER!!!

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 09:06 PM)
Frazier!!

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 09:06 PM)
Frazier redeems himself for the night

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 09:06 PM)
Frazier sucks

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 09:06 PM)
Todd!!!

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 09:07 PM)
LOL! I was just going to type that Frazier's bats have been traveling further than the balls he's hit tonight right before that HR!

One of these posts is not like the other...

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 09:08 PM)
Arrieta looks very average tonight. Not the same pitcher from the second half of last year. If he isn't dominant, Cubs are in BIG trouble this postseason.

He lost his release point in that last inning. Everything was coming in high and away. He couldn't hit the zone at all anymore.

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 09:12 PM)
Well we could be only 8 GB after this game if they could go on a hot streak in August we still have 10 games left with CLE. A long shot but not out of the question yet.

Yeah, no. 8 GB isn't close

QUOTE (Scoots @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 09:15 PM)
Is it just me, or does Adam Eaton look almost just like Arrieta? Also, Eaton has dropped the ball 3 times tonight that I have seen, like he isn't watching the ball into his glove. Not like the Eaton of RF this season.

He hasn't seemed like his head has been in the game for the last two days. I wonder if he is pouting about Sale.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 09:17 PM)
He hasn't seemed like his head has been in the game for the last two days. I wonder if he is pouting about Sale.

He fouled a ball of his foot a couple of days ago. If you watch him jog, it is still bothering him. I think he has that on his mind.

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 09:19 PM)
To come out against Arrieta and play like this I'm a little surprised. Maybe this team isn't dead in the water yet after all.

To come back at this point is to rely too heavily on the poor fortunes of others.

Beating or losing to the Cubs has never caused me to change my opinion on the White Sox in the past, it won't change my opinion now.

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 08:20 PM)
To come back at this point is to rely too heavily on the poor fortunes of others.

Beating or losing to the Cubs has never caused me to change my opinion on the White Sox in the past, it won't change my opinion now.

If we can hang in there against better teams no reason to blow everything up IMO. Obviously, move Sale for the right deal if we can get guys who can contribute in the next year but no reason to trade him just to blow it up.