Crosstown Cup Game Thread, Game 1

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 09:46 PM)
What did he say?

"Robin is the one who has to fight for us in that department," Sale said. "If the players don't feel comfortable 100 percent about what we are doing to win the game, and we have an easy fix -- it was as easy as hanging up another jersey and everyone was fine. For them to put business first over winning, that's when I lost it."

Yeah. Please trade this guy, he's out of line... again. He voiced his complaints, and the management decided they were going ahead with wearing the uniforms. GMAFB that these uniforms were going to prevent him from pitching well. What was his excuse in the Atlanta game?

Edited by Green Line

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 09:44 PM)
No chance you get that at the trade deadline.

For Sale, I guaran damn tee there'd be atleast one or two ML players to immediately plug into the team. I'm not even suggesting it's what I'd prefer, but knowing the White Sox they'd expect immediate return out of a trade

QUOTE (Green Line @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 09:50 PM)
"Robin is the one who has to fight for us in that department," Sale said. "If the players don't feel comfortable 100 percent about what we are doing to win the game, and we have an easy fix -- it was as easy as hanging up another jersey and everyone was fine. For them to put business first over winning, that's when I lost it."

He could just be a team player and not a whiny b**** over it and just wear the damn thing.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 08:51 PM)
For Sale, I guaran damn tee there'd be atleast one or two ML players to immediately plug into the team. I'm not even suggesting it's what I'd prefer, but knowing the White Sox they'd expect immediate return out of a trade

I'd be surprised if they could get that in the middle of the season.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 26, 2016 -> 03:51 AM)
Was upset Robin didn't back him. He's throwing the manager under the bus. That's not good for Robin. Shows he really has no control but merely exists.

YescRibun has control. He isn't going to back someone who IS wrong

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 09:59 PM)
Well this isn't good. Can't just throw only fastballs to these guys

I don't think it'd be all that bad if Albers blew it. We still banged up Arrieta and a loss is just another step towards selling.

A win is just a mild annoyance, granted it's against the Cubs.