season

ihatethecubs

well so much for the "great" season everyone thought we would have....what r the chances we will hav the same  players next year?

No chance. 2003 should have been the year. They blew it the firsthalf of the season and just teased us the second half, until the heartless players came back to finish up.

I want more team speed and a deeper pitching staff. We have a #5 starter this year(a good #5 starter), we win the division in a landslide. We have a decent bullpen for the whole year, we win the division in a landslide. And we have a lineup that isn't as streaky as ours is(and teams that depend on the 3-run homer, like we did, are always streaky) and can beat you in more ways then one, and we win the division in a landslide.

This team has a lot of talent. They just don't have the right talent to win. A more complete team will spark this team to a division championship. So, IMO, you keep 1 or 2 of Thomas, Ordonez, Konerko, and Lee, you make it a priority to resign Alomar and Everett, and you have yourselves a pretty good team, assuming you make the right signings. Signing Shannon Stewart from Minnesota would be huge for us....adds another dimension to the team and takes one away from Minnesota. Maybe make a trade for Dave Roberts in LA or Juan Pierre in Florida, etc. I know one move I'd love to make is to sign Luis Castillo....but I just wonder if he would work as a SS. If so, he'd be very good as well.

I would also love to sign Hawkins away from Minnesota. That'd be a great move and would hurt the Twins as well.

Meaning basically everyone has to be gone: Frank, Carlos, Maggs, Jose, Carl, you name it.

No no, the Marlins have a few players, Conine and Lowell, who arn't super quick. They also don't have a DH, so that's one of our guys right there. We won't get Pierre, no way no how. He's cheap, and the Marlins did all of that work with the Hampton deal, and he was the biggest thing they got out of it. We do need a quick CF. Roberts had some injuries this year, and I am not sure how old he is. How about Alex Sanchez of the Tigs? He is very fast, and could become a very good defensive CF. I wouldn't sign both Castillo and Alomar. Personally, I'd go for Castillo, unless Alomar is significantly cheaper. I'd keep Everett to DH. Trade Frank, Kong, and maybe even Lee. Depends what we could get back. We need speed and guys who can play small ball, those our biggest offensive needs.

Isn't that the brand of baseball Jerry Manuel said he was going to bring to the White Sox when he was hired  :huh: ?

Manuel=Idiot

JM likes to change his mind a lot. Ask Neal Cotts, and Mark Buerhle.

Brian Daubach, Frank Thomas.

Although he tried to make all the boys feel involved by playing everyone like he was managing a Little League team early on.