FALSE: Moncada traded to White Sox

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 11:13 PM)
A guy with about 900 followers tweeted and quickly deleted that Moncada and Bradley were traded for Quintana... but probably deleted because he was fooled by a fake tweet.

I saw that too :lol:

Robertson and Frazier to Boston should bring some decent prospects, no? I'm telling you, you don't really wanna trade Sale, Q, Rodon or Shields. If we had bad starting pitching and if we have BAD starting pitching next year, we might start losing 100 games regularly. Think about it.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 30, 2016 -> 12:48 AM)
Robertson and Frazier to Boston should bring some decent prospects, no? I'm telling you, you don't really wanna trade Sale, Q, Rodon or Shields. If we had bad starting pitching and if we have BAD starting pitching next year, we might start losing 100 games regularly. Think about it.

That is part of a complete and total rebuild. Trade Frazier and Robertson for prospects even if they are close to being ready say in 2 years. That weakens us for 2 years for more of the same we have going on now. Good starting pitching but now our bullpen is worse than it already is (it's not good to begin with) and our offense is worse (it's terrible to begin with). We'd just be mired in mediocrity just slightly worse and not as set up for the future.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 11:48 PM)

1. Boston doesn't need nor want Frazier

2. Teams don't regularly lose 100 games

I do think it is interesting that Boston still does not have a destination position for Moncada. Once they determined SS was not an option they tried 2nd. But Pedroia is in the way for upward movement and he has been very average there so far. Before road games they are now working on 3rd ( where Devers plays) and the outfield which already has Betts and Bradley and Benintendi headed there shortly. Moncada may end up being Ortiz's replacement at DH or maybe they will try 1st next.

I wonder if he could be had for a Shields + Fulmer right now. Gives Boston pitching now and for the future w/o having to unload a lot of prospects.

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Jul 30, 2016 -> 09:08 AM)
I do think it is interesting that Boston still does not have a destination position for Moncada. Once they determined SS was not an option they tried 2nd. But Pedroia is in the way for upward movement and he has been very average there so far. Before road games they are now working on 3rd ( where Devers plays) and the outfield which already has Betts and Bradley and Benintendi headed there shortly. Moncada may end up being Ortiz's replacement at DH or maybe they will try 1st next.

I wonder if he could be had for a Shields + Fulmer right now. Gives Boston pitching now and for the future w/o having to unload a lot of prospects.

Don't let Boston guys see this. Moncada is going to play a different position each inning he is da gawd

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Jul 30, 2016 -> 08:08 AM)

Did you honestly just propose the #1 prospect in baseball for Shields & Fulmer? That has to be one the most ridiculous trade proposals I have ever seen on this board. You're undervaluation of Moncada is quite humorous.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

I saw a tweet from Peter Gammons saying the White Sox had scouts at every single Red Sox minor league game last night.. I'm sure some sort of dialogue is going on between the Red Sox and White Sox.

Edited by GreatScott82

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 11:48 PM)

The Sox have "gone for it/all in" with this core, and not only have they not contended, they can't even come close to .500. Hahn needs to accept the failure and sell.

Shields is a marginal 4 or #5 starter right now; sell him for whatever you can get.

Plenty of players will bring back decent (not elite) prospects back. Only Sale and Q will bring back elite. But that is a lot to sell.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 30, 2016 -> 09:16 AM)
Did you honestly just propose the #1 prospect in baseball for Shields & Fulmer? That has to be one the most ridiculous trade proposals I have ever seen on this board. You're undervaluation of Moncada is quite humorous.

He probably is the #1 offensive prospect in baseball but he may be 2 years away. Also ultimately he may be a DH because Boston has better offensive/defensive young players in the outfield in front of him. Right now, Boston's #1 prospect may be Benintendi( also at AA) who they could promote to LF after the deadline because he is a 2 way player.

Boston wants a World Series this year especially w Ortiz exiting and Shields could be that piece to put them over the top. Maybe the Sox have to add another pitching prospect or maybe upgrade to Rodon from Fulmer. Dombrowski is seldom enamored w prospects as he is with instant gratification.

Edited by SCCWS

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Jul 30, 2016 -> 08:42 AM)
He probably is the #1 offensive prospect in baseball but he may be 2 years away. Also ultimately he may be a DH because Boston has better offensive/defensive young players in the outfield in front of him. Right now, Boston's #1 prospect may be Benintendi( also at AA) who they could promote to LF after the deadline because he is a 2 way player.

Boston wants a World Series this year especially w Ortiz exiting and Shields could be that piece to put them over the top. Maybe the Sox have to add another pitching prospect or maybe upgrade to Rodon from Fulmer. Dombrowski is seldom enamored w prospects as he is with instant gratification.

Shields is a back end starter. The RedSox are not lacking in those types. He will not help them win a WS.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Jul 30, 2016 -> 08:42 AM)
Boston wants a World Series this year especially w Ortiz exiting and Shields could be that piece to put them over the top.

Dude, just stop. James Shields is bad and isn't putting any team over the top, let the alone the Red Sox who need a top of the rotation and not a fringe back-end guy. And just because the Red Sox don't have an obvious place for him right now (3B & LF are options down the road), doesn't mean they will give up Moncada for pennies on the dollar. The will only move him if they're getting an elite player in return such as Chris Sale.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jul 30, 2016 -> 08:34 AM)
I saw a tweet from Peter Gammons saying the White Sox had scouts at every single Red Sox minor league game last night.. I'm sure some sort of dialogue is going on between the Red Sox and White Sox.

Well they have interest in Robertson and probably Duke so.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jul 30, 2016 -> 08:34 AM)

Good. You don't want Dombrowski offering a name out there and then scrambling to ask who has seen that guy recently. Glad the Sox are all hands on deck for some moves.