who is best football team in Illinois?

cwsox

so who is the best football team in Illinois anyway?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. so who is the best football team in Illinois anyway?

• Smashing Pumpkins
    • Illinois Wesleyan
    • Gwendolyn Brooks College Preperatory Academy
    • Hubbard Street Dance Chicago
    • North Park (Kedzie & Foster, Chicago)
    • the Vice Lords
    • Joliet CC
    • Joliet Penitentary Team
    • Barrington High School
    • Glenbrook North Powder Puff team

It's simple!!!

The #23 team in the nation...Your 3-1 ILLINOIS STATE REDBIRDS!!!!

:huh:

That's news to me. I thought NIU was the ranked team in Illinois.

#23 in I-AA. Western and Southern Illinois are both ahead of them at #2, and #13.

Should we even include I-AA? Isn't that the division where the REAL College Football losers go?

I'm f***ing sick of people knocking on D1-AA.  It feels just as bad as Cub fans knocking on Sox fans.  There's nothing wrong with 1-AA.

And, oh!  1-AA IS REAL FOOTBALL!

Did you happen to see a bad I-A football team (U of I) absolutely kill the #23 ranked I-AA team. However, I do agree there is nothing wrong with I-AA football its just no where near the level I-A.

What he said. Get over it Heather, your school sucks at football.

We're 3-1 right now...Hardly sucking! :rolleyes:

And to those who are thinking that the only REAL football is played at the D1-A level are completely wrong! You guys REALLY need to keep it real...

And there are OTHER schools in the state of IL that matter other than the "precious" school in Chambana!!!

And there are OTHER schools in the state of IL that matter other than the "precious" school in Chambana!!!

We have Nationally Ranked NIU :lol: .

Sorry Heather. I've been to more than my share of I-AA games and their either blowouts or snoozefests. I-AA is where the football players that couldn't cut it in I-A go.

We have Nationally Ranked NIU  :lol: .

Sorry Heather. I've been to more than my share of I-AA games and their either blowouts or snoozefests. I-AA is where the football players that couldn't cut it in I-A go.

We have nationally ranked ISU too! ;)

I've been to some VERY exciting games here at ISU. Namely, the double overtime victory over Eastern in 2000. We were down by 15 going into the fourth quarter, tied it, and won it in double overtime 44-41! Our conference, the Gateway, has some very good football played within it.

For the record, I'm rooting all the way for Northern to be successful this season! In fact, I root for ISU, as well as Northern, Western, Eastern, Southern, Bradley, UIC, Chicago State, Depaul, and Northwestern when they aren't playing ISU.