8/5 games

Feeky Magee

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Aug 5, 2016 -> 11:15 PM)
To be fair, top college pitches should do well in rookie ball. Obviously it's a great sign that Hansen is torching the league with GF, but until he starts doing really well at W-S, I am not going to put him above Fulmer or maybe even Burdi, if Burdi can transition to a starter.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Aug 5, 2016 -> 11:15 PM)
To be fair, top college pitches should do well in rookie ball. Obviously it's a great sign that Hansen is torching the league with GF, but until he starts doing really well at W-S, I am not going to put him above Fulmer or maybe even Burdi, if Burdi can transition to a starter.

Except he wasn't a top college pitcher this year. He was so awful he was demoted to the bullpen at one point.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Aug 6, 2016 -> 01:55 PM)
It's not just about him dominating, it's also the fact he's barely walking anyone. Him being in rookie ball shouldn't take anything away from that.

This. It means he is able to repeat his delivery with consistency, which was a major problem for him this season at OU.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 6, 2016 -> 07:31 PM)
This. It means he is able to repeat his delivery with consistency, which was a major problem for him this season at OU.

Or does it mean that in rookie ball many if the 18 year olds are swinging at everything. While it good to see him do well, I don't trust big performances in rookie ball. I would wait until he has a couple of season against older competition before proclaiming his delivery improved, unless of course there has been videos or live reports of the changes.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Aug 6, 2016 -> 11:14 PM)
Or does it mean that in rookie ball many if the 18 year olds are swinging at everything. While it good to see him do well, I don't trust big performances in rookie ball. I would wait until he has a couple of season against older competition before proclaiming his delivery improved, unless of course there has been videos or live reports of the changes.

How many players get a ton better moving from college to rookie ball?

QUOTE (ptatc @ Aug 7, 2016 -> 12:14 AM)

Someone feel free to prove me wrong, but Great Falls tends to be college players while the AZL is high schoolers.

Hansen was struggling against the same batters a few months ago and got sent to the bullpen and is now dealing.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 6, 2016 -> 09:53 PM)
Someone feel free to prove me wrong, but Great Falls tends to be college players while the AZL is high schoolers.

Hansen was struggling against the same batters a few months ago and got sent to the bullpen and is now dealing.

Not true, he was struggling against only some of these guys a few months ago. Most of the players he struggled against in college weren't good enough to be drafted. The players in rookie ball are the top 10% or so (total guess) of the players he struggled against in college plus a few HS'ers, Dominicans, etc... Who are very talented as well. His turn around has been remarkable, no need to even qualify it

QUOTE (bighurt4life @ Aug 7, 2016 -> 01:20 AM)
Not true, he was struggling against only some of these guys a few months ago. Most of the players he struggled against in college weren't good enough to be drafted. The players in rookie ball are the top 10% or so (total guess) of the players he struggled against in college plus a few HS'ers, Dominicans, etc... Who are very talented as well. His turn around has been remarkable, no need to even qualify it

Oh I know that, stop arguing semantics :P

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 6, 2016 -> 11:53 PM)

QUOTE (bighurt4life @ Aug 7, 2016 -> 12:20 AM)

Both of these. Hansen is doing much better, again much better competition. Yes there is still a lot better players for him to go against, but this is 100% a reason for optimism.

He is doing better against what should be better competition, but you also have guys getting used to wooden bats.

The results are spectacular. We will see how he progresses. Hopefully he will still be considered a steal a couple of years from now.

I know you shouldn't judge systems on their W-L, but the Sox top 4 affiliates are a combined 79 games under .500. That is pretty sad.