August 7th 2016 Game Thread White Sox vs. the Former St. Louis Browns

Insp

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The entire scouting department needs to fired. It's painfully obvious that Shields has absolutely nothing left. I'm sure the Padres front office was stunned when the Sox called asking about him explaining why they traded him so early. They would have taken literally anything to get out of any portion of Shield's horrific contract.

Just fire everybody actually, anybody who even knew that trade could possibly happen and didn't speak up against it.

Edited by TheFutureIsNear

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Aug 7, 2016 -> 07:44 PM)
The entire scouting department needs to fired. It's painfully obvious that Shields has absolutely nothing left. I'm sure the Padres front office was stunned when the Sox called asking about him explaining why they traded him so early. They would have taken literally anything to get out of any portion of Shield's horrific contract

Same scouting dept that thought he would be a good fit at the Cell. I honestly think the Sox have the worst GM and Manager combo in baseball

James Shields to Matt Albers...it's really just a slap in the face at this point. Last time I pay my $ for MLB.tv to watch this team for at least a few years. They need to earn my trust that they are capable of putting together a winning team before I pay another penny going to the organization. Because I honestly don't believe anybody at the top of this organization is capable of doing so at this point.

Over at the Orioles Hangout, 177 fans are viewing their game thread with over 150 posts already. Meanwhile there are only 8 members and 23 guests on the SoxTalk game thread that has only 13 posts.

I'd like to see what the Sox scouting reports said re his 10 run debacle in Seattle. I mean Rick Hahn did have his scouts actually watching him pitch, didn't he?

Another Hahn effort that sets the organization back....and he overpaid, as always, even if Shields pitched okay.

JR has eaten the following Rick Hahn contracts: Latos, Keppinger, Rollins, Bonifacio and now it will have to be Shields. He also at KW's Danks contract. Hard to criticize JR. But it's also hard to see how he doesn't address the mess his VP and GM have created.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Aug 7, 2016 -> 01:50 PM)
Gosh darn it, do I love a good Shields implosion! So much fun to watch (or read about).

It isn't just Shields's fault. Its also the fault of alleged hitters like Frazier who just swung on the very first pitch and the only grounded out softly to use GameDay lingo. Whatever happened to working the count?

Edited by Insp