August 7th 2016 Game Thread White Sox vs. the Former St. Louis Browns

Insp

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Aug 7, 2016 -> 08:42 PM)
Sox play like s*** on weekend home games for the last 5 years especially when crowd is bigger, a lot of those fans are not coming back and I do not blame them.

At least we have a ballpark ranked 29th out of 30 in this week's Yahoo story. (I do realize most people on Soxtalk and Sox fans overall do like the Cell, just sayin).

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 7, 2016 -> 02:44 PM)
At least we have a ballpark ranked 29th out of 30 in this week's Yahoo story. (I do realize most people on Soxtalk and Sox fans overall do like the Cell, just sayin).

You can thank JR and the extra row of suites he had to have to make upper deck so bad, when builders told him not a good idea at the time.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Aug 7, 2016 -> 02:46 PM)
You can thank JR and the extra suites he had to have to make upper deck so bad, when builders told him not a good idea at the time.

I actually like the Upper Deck. It's not 29th. That's a joke.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Aug 7, 2016 -> 01:42 PM)
Sox play like s*** on weekend home games for the last 5 years especially when crowd is bigger, a lot of those fans are not coming back and I do not blame them.

Yes, but there are those who would tell you that it's not that bad baseball you are referencing that will keep the fans from coming back. That's not the problem at all to hear others tell it. They'll tell you it's those fans making up excuses about the color of the seats, or ticket prices, or parking issues, or whatever. That's why they'll stay away, and not the bad baseball.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 7, 2016 -> 02:44 PM)

I like the Cell, but it's just so plain looking. I like almost all of the new ones built after better.

Orioles Fans on the ESPS Gamecast blog having a real good laugh over this one….There are some that are actually discounting the offense performance today because "after all it's only James Shields"

I hope JR, Hahn and Kenny are at the Cell witnessing this today…

And congrats on being the laughingstock of MLB..

Typical White Sox game. Forget about the Shields performance. I want to know how many games the sox have had where they have 4-6 hits per game with 0-2 runs, or maybe they have 10-12 hits, but still have 0-2 runs. Give me a break. Wash, rinse, repeat. Why can't Abreu hit like this when it actually matters? Ya know, with risp actually getting a hit rather than striking out, popping out or rolling over a ground ball? This kind of baseball is just draining, and the sad thing is its so damn predictable.

At this rate Shields is going to LOSE 20 games this year. Great pickup Rick!

And how about that Albers and Kahnle combo? Sox traded a kid who looks like he's got a real chance for that stiff Kahnle who throws 100, problem is he can't find the plate.

Mark

At this rate Shields is going to LOSE 20 games this year. Great pickup Rick!

And how about that Albers and Kahnle combo? Sox traded a kid who looks like he's got a real chance for that stiff Kahnle who throws 100, problem is he can't find the plate.

Mark