In the News

Al Lopez Ghost (old)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems no one can win 20 for us. Ill bet Loaiza wins 20 tho. Hell be the worst 20 game winner ever. Failing us and then helping himself when it meant nothing. Loaiza can f*** off next year...

Umm.. killa.. stupidity has got to be against the law somewhere.. isn't it?

It seems no one can win 20 for us. Ill bet Loaiza wins 20 tho. Hell be the worst 20 game winner ever. Failing us and then helping himself when it meant nothing. Loaiza can f*** off next year...

You are an entertaining s*** that is for sure. How do we fair before his "failure" if he doesn't produce? How did Frank fair in 3 outing's in Minny as opposed to Loiaza's one?

I'd expect to see Adkins get a start, so they can get a look at him.

Maybe that is the only guy he was being asked about?  If you are talking to a reporter and he asks you what you thought about Garland's effort yesterday, you don't immediately break into a song and dance taking shots at everyone else on the team.  You answer the question.

Jon Garland has at times looked simply unhittable and at other times pretty sad. We needed him to step up and pitch well the last two weeks and he didn't. Jerry Manuel can't pitch, run, throw or hit for the Sox players. Not everything can be pinned on Manuel. He has made plenty of questionable managerial decisions no doubt about it, but there are 25 players and a bunch of coaches that need to step up and accept blame also.

I don't know what Jon's problems are: won't listen to the coaches and manager? Can't figure out how to control his pitches? No faith in his stuff? $60,000 question with no easy answer.

You are wrong. Period.

OldRoman, don't let your starry eyes cross everytime you hear about someone other than Frank Thomas. I love the Big Hurt too and he has done very well in the power numbers this year, however, in my opinion the most consistent has been Loaiza, up till the last few games. I think E Lo could easily be 22-8 or so by now with offensive support.

So which is it..? He sucked or he's done well...?

You've got brown eyes, don't you?

I think the OldRoman just needs to vent once in awhile. He seems to listen to everyone else, most of the time, and if he has gone too far usually admits it. He most certainly is a fan of the Big Hurt isn't he?

Do you even know who Benedict Arnold was? He was a great and daring American general, but in the end he betrayed us. Thats why I used his example. Loaiza was a great pitcher but in the end he betrayed us. Dont care what yall think but I dont care if Loaizas back next year...

Loaiza did great this year. Too bad the season is 162 games instead of 145...

Heck if September didn't count, Frank would have been MVP, ELo would have been Cy Young, KW would have been Exec of the year, and we would have been in the playoffs. But since the whole team took off Sept except for maybe Everett and Alomar, it is all moot.

Do you even know who Benedict Arnold was? He was a great and daring American general, but in the end he betrayed us. Thats why I used his example. Loaiza was a great pitcher but in the end he betrayed us. Dont care what yall think but I dont care if Loaizas back next year...

OMG Roman.. I did need the laugh today.

Comparing a traitor to Loaiza..? Like he lost on purpose..? Are you really this dense or just acting like it..?

Heck if September didn't count, Frank would have been MVP, ELo would have been Cy Young, KW would have been Exec of the year, and we would have been in the playoffs.  But since the whole team took off Sept except for maybe Everett and Alomar, it is all moot.

Septembers have not always been good to the Sox and their fans. I hate Septembers!

Comparing a traitor to Loaiza..? Like he lost on purpose..? Are you really this dense or just acting like it..?

Hes not a traitor in that sense, but he did let us down, like the guy or not...

Loaiza, the greatest with a down time? How bout, the down with a down time in a great time? Look at him. His career ERA is 4.60... :puke

Yeah... what's the point?

Good players have bed years... ehem Frank "choke" Thomas... and bad players have good years and hopefully get better. You amaze me sometimes. You are such a whiney fairweather it's comical. Heck.. even my 3 year old niece knows better than to talk crap about her favorite team cause it only comes back to bite you in the arse.

But, he rediscovered, or maybe finally discovered himself as a great pitcher. Next year will tell.

Hes 31. Its too late for him to turn into some great Pedro Martinez ace. No matter where he is next year (hopefully its somewhere else) Im gonna make a prediction. Loaiza will go 8-11 with a 4.91 ERA. We shall see...

We got let down by a lot of guys during the year at one time or another. Some more than others. In the end we lost and that's plenty of reason to be critical of over all performance, but I don't agree that it's this guy or that guy who failed us. They have to win as a team and most certainly lose as a team.

Hes not a traitor in that sense, but he did let us down, like the guy or not...

How so Roman. C'mon.. explain it to me. How did he.. and not Francis, Maggs, Aaron, Jose, Joe... etc, etc.. let us down..? If not for Loaiza the Sox wouldn't have won what they won. So please.. elaborate on how Loaiza is a traitor.

Yeah... what's the point?

Good players have bed years... ehem Frank "choke" Thomas... and bad players have good years and hopefully get better. You amaze me sometimes. You are such a whiney fairweather it's comical. Heck.. even my 3 year old niece knows better than to talk crap about her favorite team cause it only comes back to bite you in the arse.

You people amaze me as well. How can you hate someone who has done so much for you for so long (Frank) and love someone who has done so little for so short (Loaiza)?