2017 Lineup

Jerksticks

This team is SO MUCH more fun to watch than any I have seen in many years. Except for when James Shields starts or David Robertson comes into the game. So nice we don't see much Shuck anymore either. But other than that, there are some talented guys who give a good effort and don't quit. NICE!

Edited by Hatchetman

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sox need a CF who can hit.

Yes, there are more RF available for next season, which is probably one of the reasons why Eaton is back in CF (in addition to not wanting Shuck in the lineup as Ventura/Hahn "go for it" in September). They can sign a platoon hitter like Reddick and Hahn will lecture that he's "elite" (just like he did with Frazier and Samardzija).

But Eaton leads the league in RF defense - finally a massive plus output - moving him is just more of the silliness.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Sep 17, 2016 -> 09:28 AM)

Yes, there are more RF available for next season, which is probably one of the reasons why Eaton is back in CF (in addition to not wanting Shuck in the lineup as Ventura/Hahn "go for it" in September). They can sign a platoon hitter like Reddick and Hahn will lecture that he's "elite" (just like he did with Frazier and Samardzija).

But Eaton leads the league in RF defense - finally a massive plus output - moving him is just more of the silliness.

tyler saladino to center. Ian Desmond made a similar switch from shortstop and did a credible job.tyler is a smart player and could do well there.

If this happens it would free up resources for a big bat.For the first time in 4 years I'm optimistic about the future.Trade one starter [quintana]

for 2 young players [boston].Third straight year of improvement and best draft in forever.2017 could be fun.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Sep 17, 2016 -> 09:28 AM)

See I think looking for a great CFer is not going to be worth the acquisition cost. We have some guys in Tilson, Engel and maybe May (nor sure on his D) who can straight pick it. I'd rather spend the necessary reaources to get a LFer who can absolutely mash n pick it. Then we'd essentially have two really good Lfers rotating the DH all over.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Sep 17, 2016 -> 07:16 PM)
See I think looking for a great CFer is not going to be worth the acquisition cost. We have some guys in Tilson, Engel and maybe May (nor sure on his D) who can straight pick it. I'd rather spend the necessary reaources to get a LFer who can absolutely mash n pick it. Then we'd essentially have two really good Lfers rotating the DH all over.

The problem is the question mark surrounding all three of those players' hit tools.