Chicago vs. KC 9/16/2016

Insp

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StrykerSox @ Sep 16, 2016 -> 09:52 PM)
He sucked for 73 games and has been hot for 18. Isn't that roughly how Avi Garcia operates?

And look, a .674 OPS is textbook sucking. Out of all qualified second basemen in MLB, that would put him dead last by .025. Out of all SSs, which Sal can't really play, that OPS only puts five below him.

When you account for his recently improved OPS, .730, four MLB 2B are below him, and 7 shortstops are.

He sucks. We will continue to suck as long we continue to accept players of his caliber, not to mention promoting them into starting jobs.

This year, he is close to league average at 2B as a hitter, and way above it as a fielder. Your rant has no basis in reality.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Sep 17, 2016 -> 04:54 AM)
119 pitches for Sale.

Got get 'em Ventura and Rick Hahn. Play the starters...you get get to .500 and save your jobs. I think I can, I think I can.

Sale wasn't going to come out. Case closed. He'd have thrown the tantrum of all time. But you are right. .500 probably saves Robin.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 16, 2016 -> 11:00 PM)
Sale wasn't going to come out. Case closed. He'd have thrown the tantrum of all time. But you are right. .500 probably saves Robin.

I don't know if it saves him or not, but it's pretty obvious that's what Ventura is trying to do. Development is usually the priority for non contenders in September. It's not even an afterthought for this organization.

And Hahn hasn't done a thing to change it, so he obviously sanctions this behavior.

It's not just Sale going 119 (he's throwing Q and Rodon like that too). As for tantrums, who's running this operation? Sale?

And they're going to reach .500 - probably a little above.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Sep 17, 2016 -> 05:10 AM)
I don't know if it saves him or not, but it's pretty obvious that's what Ventura is trying to do. Development is usually the priority for non contenders in September. It's not even an afterthought for this organization.

And Hahn hasn't done a thing to change it, so he obviously sanctions this behavior.

It's not just Sale going 119 (he's throwing Q and Rodon like that too). As for tantrums, who's running this operation? Sale?

Great post. If we finish over .500 Robin is not gonna be fired. That is scary. Jerry will say that Robin has learned and now is ready to excel and why should we be the team that put up with his learning curve only to let some other team benefit? I say our performance in Central Div. games should be the deciding factor as well as the fragile-ness of the squad. Next year when we have a heartbreaking loss it'll again end our season like the one we had in May this year to send us reeling from 23-10 to oblivion. Robin is incapable of a.) beating the Central. b.) overcoming tough losses.

If Buddy Bell is hired I'll probably finally stop being a Sox fan. If Robin comes back it will be very tough to continue being a Sox fan. I could take Renteria I guess. But you know who I want: LaRussa or Leyland, 2 year contracts with a coach in waiting next to them.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Sep 17, 2016 -> 12:10 AM)

Who are they not developing that they should?

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Sep 17, 2016 -> 05:17 AM)
All of our bullpen guys so if someone goes down next year we know the order with which AAA relievers should be recalled. No reason to pitch our starters 110+ pitches in September with the season lost.

You're right. They should wrap him in bubble wrap and treat him like a p**** instead.