NLDS: Giants vs. Evil Empire

LittleHurt05

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You said that the Giants are no match for the Cubs and will be swept. This post doesn't sound nearly as confident as the prior post. Hedging?

I was goating the crowd here a bit, but in all seriousness -- if I was a betting man -- the cubs would be my pick, rather easy (without much thought needed).

Giants have been growing on me in a sentimental fashion this past week (as I only noticed that they win every even year), they are a really good franchise, maybe the best team in baseball in the past 20 or so years. To win 3 titles in 6 years is simply amazing.

But, in the end, the Cubs have the far superior team. I stand with my initial saying that the cubs will wipe the floor with them.

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Oct 9, 2016 -> 12:46 AM)
I see irrational hatred and expose it for stupidity.

You have no reason to hate the Cubs other than your thin skin.

Because their fans act like entitled assholes that don't understand why everyone doesn't love their team?

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 8, 2016 -> 07:47 PM)
Because their fans act like entitled assholes that don't understand why everyone doesn't love their team?

Cubs fans don't give a s*** about you. You can't handle a good ribbing?

I can't see how a true White Sox fan can be such a baby.

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Oct 8, 2016 -> 07:46 PM)
I see irrational hatred and expose it for stupidity.

You have no reason to hate the Cubs other than your thin skin.

The Cubs being good directly hurts our team's business. That in turn correlates with how good we are. As fathom said, no Sox fan should root for the Cubs.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 8, 2016 -> 07:48 PM)
They Cubs being good directly hurts our team's business. That in turn correlates with how good we are. As fathom said, no Sox fan should root for the Cubs.

This argument is nonsense. The White Sox business struggles because the team is bad and the FO makes terrible decisions. There are enough people in the city to support two teams. If there weren't, the White Sox would leave.