NLDS: Giants vs. Evil Empire

LittleHurt05

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Oct 11, 2016 -> 01:56 AM)
You won $25K? Holy s*** that's incredible. :o

If I lost a few grand (with the opportunity to win 25) because of Sergio Romo, I'd hold a vendetta against him like no other.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Oct 11, 2016 -> 02:00 AM)
Wow, not sure if Pete Rose is right, but he just said that the Cubs have hit .190 as a team this year versus sliders and curveballs. If true, Giants need to exploit the living hell out of that.

Moore has a great curveball. +5.1 pitch value on it this year according to FanGraphs. Good for 9th best this year in baseball.

Unfortunately, Samardzija had a +6.5 pitch value on his curve this year and the Cubs beat the s*** out of him.

Cubs team as a whole vs. curveball: -1.8, 18th in baseball. Cubs vs. Slider: +13.3, best in baseball. Cubs struggle the most against changeups (-7.8, 23rd), which is Moore's third best pitch.

Pete Rose was half right.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 11, 2016 -> 02:10 AM)
Moore has a great curveball. +5.1 pitch value on it this year according to FanGraphs. Good for 9th best this year in baseball.

Unfortunately, Samardzija had a +6.5 pitch value on his curve this year and the Cubs beat the s*** out of him.

Cubs team as a whole vs. curveball: -1.8, 18th in baseball. Cubs vs. Slider: +13.3, best in baseball. Cubs struggle the most against changeups (-7.8, 23rd), which is Moore's third best pitch.

I don't know what the stats show, but it seemed like shark barely threw it in game 2 and when he did not for strikes.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 11, 2016 -> 08:24 AM)
So I was in bed before 9 last night, but did Conor Gillaspie really hit a triple off Chapman? Unbelievable, especially with both of their LH splits. Was he spotted near Daniel Murphy's doctor last week?

Why can't we get players like that..............

QUOTE (shipps @ Oct 11, 2016 -> 08:23 AM)
No surprise at all that the Giants grinded out a win last night. I expect a more comfortable Giant win tonight.

Game five against Lester at Wrigley trying to get your third in a row from the Cubs? That's a tough one.

I could see Lester choking from the all the pressure. Best team in the league, backs against the wall, and Lester trying to be too fine gets shelled.

No surprise at all that the Giants grinded out a win last night. I expect a more comfortable Giant win tonight.

Game five against Lester at Wrigley trying to get your third in a row from the Cubs? That's a tough one.

Even if they lose Game 5 against Lester, they'll succeed in throwing off the rotation scheduling. Especially if it involves not having Lester and Hendricks being able to pitch Game 1 and 2, then potentially 6 and 7

I think the Giants have a better chance to win game 5 than game 4. I don't trust Moore, he can be inefficient at times, which is easy to exploit with a patient offense like the Cubs.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 11, 2016 -> 02:10 AM)

I don't think they beat the s*** out of Samardzija and for some reason I think he pitches tonight and does some good work.

I take the Giants in game five if they win tonight.

The extra inning fun s*** that Maddon pulled all season is getting questioned hard right now on the radio. Especially pinch hitting Ross over Coghlan...he tried to be too cute.

Meh, suprised with the Giants victory last night (fell asleep in the 10th).

I am expecting a Cubs win tonight to seal the deal.

A part of me is kind of glad that there will be another game.

Nice betting pettie4sox, you made a hell of a bet!

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 11, 2016 -> 08:54 AM)
I think the Giants have a better chance to win game 5 than game 4. I don't trust Moore, he can be inefficient at times, which is easy to exploit with a patient offense like the Cubs.

My mind agrees with this but my gut is telling me different.

I really respect the Giants and what they are all about and I think they win because they arent a team that is going to go down quietly no matter what you think should happen.

Note: I am still afraid that Rizzo may have a MONSTER game against Moore.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Oct 11, 2016 -> 06:35 AM)
I got lucky man. Anyone who tells you they know the outcome of a game is just full of s***.

What odds did you get at 3-0? That's some major stones to bet $2k at that point. Sure looked like they were dead and buried.