NLDS: Giants vs. Evil Empire

LittleHurt05

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Oct 11, 2016 -> 11:11 PM)
Yikes. Strasburg isn't coming back at all?

He said he'd be ready. But didn't feel good in a bullpen session today so who knows.

I was hoping the Dodgers would just abuse the hell out of Kershaw and throw him 3 times vs the Cubs, but with game 1 Saturday that's not going to happen, and past that he seemingly sucks on short rest.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Oct 12, 2016 -> 05:20 AM)
it's funny that matt moore gave the giants the blue print against the f***ing cubs and they were still throwing fastballs like they were going to be effective.

0-2 fastball to Baez when you have a good slider was simply inexcusable

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Oct 11, 2016 -> 11:20 PM)
it's funny that matt moore gave the giants the blue print against the f***ing cubs and they were still throwing fastballs like they were going to be effective.

It is remarkable but they couldn't get any of their offspeed pitches over for strikes. I feel like prime Mark Buehrle would destroy this Cubs lineup.

No way this version of the Cubs was going to choke it away. It's too good a team. Our Sox as of now are officially irrelevant until we get good again. I wonder how many Sox fans are gonna flip to the Cubs now. It won't happen with us loyal lifers but some people in this day and age might jump on the winner's bandwagon.

GO SOX GO!

Destiny's children friends and neighbors.

Oh by the way, this is at least the sixth time, the sixth time since September 1 the Giants took a lead into the 9th inning and lost the game.

Their bullpen is worse than the Sox.

If Washington wins Thursday I'd feel better about their chances if Strasburg and Ramos were healthy.

Giants could have won game #1 if not for Posey's base running blunder and they should have won game #4 but to me the biggest mistake was running Shark out there to start game #2 at Wrigley. There was no way that stiff was going to do well under those circumstances.

Mark

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 11, 2016 -> 11:54 PM)
No way this version of the Cubs was going to choke it away. It's too good a team. Our Sox as of now are officially irrelevant until we get good again. I wonder how many Sox fans are gonna flip to the Cubs now. It won't happen with us loyal lifers but some people in this day and age might jump on the winner's bandwagon.

GO SOX GO!

I'll be honest, if we're bad, it doesn't matter how good the Cubs are. Our fanbase is typical of a mid market fanbase. We pay to go to games to watch winners.

And I can't really blame people who want to watch good baseball.