Price rising for Sale and Q

bruni

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Nov 7, 2016 -> 04:17 PM)
As much as I dislike Boston, they're the team we need to pony up. I can see the Yankees even coming for Sale. Loaded up on talent and Sherman hinted as much, at the trade deadline.

Dont think it makes much sense for the Yankees to give up prospects for Sale. They have an incredibly deep farm system now and no money on the books by 2018, they are in great shape.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Nov 7, 2016 -> 04:18 PM)
Dont think it makes much sense for the Yankees to give up prospects for Sale. They have an incredibly deep farm system now and no money on the books by 2018, they are in great shape.

I just remember Joel Sherman mentioning it and then they loaded up on prospects.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Nov 7, 2016 -> 04:18 PM)

The Yankees probably won't be in the mood to trade Sanchez, but this is the Yankees they're talking about. They're not going to sit around and let him go to a team that could beat them the Red Sox unchallenged, just so that they can focus on rebuilding.

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 7, 2016 -> 03:54 PM)
Don't have time to check but did anyone post Crasnick's quote from an NL scout saying Sox are sick of Sale's antics? Goes along with everything I've heard.

I think it was the scout's own speculation like they COULD be sick of his antics and could be part of the motivation to move him.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Nov 7, 2016 -> 06:26 PM)
Dave Dombrowski didn't rule out trading for a starting pitcher. But said their priorities are 8th-inning arm and DH.

https://twitter.com/CSNHayes/status/795783571130576896

Total overview is Dombrowki downplaying interest in Starting pitching . (Chris Sale? )

https://twitter.com/MLBBruceLevine/status/795783764018221056

Yeah, he's lying through his teeth. Sale and Jones would bring back a monster haul from the Red Sox.

Here comes the posturing. Pucker up DD. You're cornered and we all know it. You're staff is NOT good enough as is. I truly believe it's Sale and a reliever. I prefer to keep Nate, however, if it can help us get a better return you absolutely do it. This deal will get done in the next month I honestly believe. I love Chris Sale, but a rebuild is what this organization needs to do.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Nov 7, 2016 -> 06:36 PM)
Here comes the posturing. Pucker up DD. You're cornered and we all know it. You're staff is NOT good enough as is. I truly believe it's Sale and a reliever. I prefer to keep Nate, however, if it can help us get a better return you absolutely do it. This deal will get done in the next month I honestly believe. I love Chris Sale, but a rebuild is what this organization needs to do.

We better be getting Moncada, Benintendi, and Devers if they are getting Nate Jones too.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Nov 7, 2016 -> 05:55 PM)
There's been talk Devers may be the best of the bunch. I want him in any deal.

Moncada, Benintendi, Devers and Rodriguez or Kopech?

Just give me Barry Manilow straight up and I'm good.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Nov 7, 2016 -> 09:04 AM)
That drunk whitesoxdave guy with the connections to the clubhouse reported the deal offered by Boston was Benintendi and I think 3 starters. Wasn't it reported the White Sox wanted Bradley Jr?

Hahn wanted Betts ++

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Nov 7, 2016 -> 07:55 PM)
There's been talk Devers may be the best of the bunch. I want him in any deal.

Moncada, Benintendi, Devers and Rodriguez or Kopech?

Is it crazy to think that Sale for that package + throwing the bank at Cespedes makes them wild-card competitive? A boy can dream

1b - Jose

2b - Moncada

SS - Tim

3b - Frazier

LF - Cespedes

CF - Benintendi

RF - Eaton

C - Some guy

DH - Melky