2016 Presidential Election Thread

Quin

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 10:04 PM)
I think we underestimated how fed up people were in this country as I think there are a lot of people voting trumpncause they hate our politicians. Not because they agree with Trump but purely because they hate what our politicians had turned into.

I agree that many, perhaps a majority, of Trump voters share those thoughts. I also believe that inherent racism and/or sexism in states that tend to vote Republican is a large cause of his popularity.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 10:04 PM)
I think we underestimated how fed up people were in this country as I think there are a lot of people voting trumpncause they hate our politicians. Not because they agree with Trump but purely because they hate what our politicians had turned into.

Totally agree with this. There is a very unhappy silent portion of the country that feels really left behind hiding in the idiot minority of racists in this bunch.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 10:03 PM)
The gift and curse of Democracy/Republic is that people get to express their opinion.

I am not going to hate on people who went out and voted. If Hillary loses its because she couldnt get people to go out and vote for her, in places that she should have done better.

Win some/ lose some. Well see what happens, but if Trump wins, we move on as a country and we do what we can.

This was a nice post. But god I'm sad and scared.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 10:06 PM)
Totally agree with this. There is a very unhappy silent portion of the country that feels really left behind hiding in the idiot minority of racists in this bunch.

But it's a failure to validate the feeling with a solution.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 10:04 PM)
It is sad when your biggest hope is that Trump let's Michael f***ing Pence run the day to day operations of the country.

Christie, Guliani and Gingrich must be really happy tonight. Some nice appointments coming their way.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 10:06 PM)
This was a nice post. But god I'm sad and scared.

Then WE all have to do better. This isnt just "Hillary's" fault, if a lot of people really believe that Trump is bad, then we all failed. Maybe 1 vote didnt make a difference, but maybe I could have done more, maybe I should do more.

Its going to be a long night, University of Wisconsin has a lot of votes and you can same day sign up. Right now shes +70k in Dane County with 53%.

So maybe its just the close call everyone needed to wake up.

And if it isnt, and if Trump wins, then I hope he is the best President ever and I was wrong.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 10:04 PM)
So what options are left for Hilary to pull thus out? Can she still win somehow if she wins Michigan but loses Wisconsin?

No.

She must win Nevada, Wisconsin, and Michigan. If she loses any of those, it's President Trump.

Here's a question for people that follow this stuff: how do we know all of these demographic numbers are accurate when the exit polling data isn't very accurate to begin with. Is that from different data set? Do they take registration info anonymously from the votes?

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 08:09 PM)
Dear god, that being his team is even more terrifying than Trump himself being president. All are complete clowns

No. They may be clowns, but they are nowhere near as terrifying as he is.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 10:09 PM)
Trump is beating Hillary is due to racism? Maybe it's just because she's corrupt to the core and the country is done with corrupt, professional public "servants."

No, I acknowledged that the majority of Trump supporters are tired of the system and want a change. I just think people are underestimating how many of his supporters are actually racists, sexists, etc. Sure, it's a minority, but there are tons of them (kind of an oxymoron but not really given our country's population).

FWIW, I am very anti-Hillary, but I loathe Trump.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 10:10 PM)
Here's a question for people that follow this stuff: how do we know all of these demographic numbers are accurate when the exit polling data isn't very accurate to begin with. Is that from different data set? Do they take registration info anonymously from the votes?

Early vote numbers were huge this year but was unclear because of cannibalization. Why exit numbers so off? I think just bad samples. No time to fix it

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 11:10 PM)

From what I saw today - exit polling it done in slices and then they adjust the final exit polls based on actual turnout numbers so that they give a solid estimate of what each demographic actually did. That makes them very poor for projecting how a day is going.